Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is seriously ridiculous!

Are the site owners trying to sway people away?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
This is seriously ridiculous!

Are the site owners trying to sway people away?
Looks like some adware got onto your computer...

·
Registered
810 Posts
What OS are you using? If Windows, run Malwarebytes and see if anything comes up. Good place to start if it is some type of malware.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using IOS and this is only happening on WUS. Is suspect this is not a broad rollout and only some people may be experiencing this as I have never seen this on any other websites but WUS

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
I don't see anything like that on Firefox, Chrome, or IE either. Adware or other Malware isn't necessarily browser specific. I suppose it could be site specific if it's trying to be more clever and not have you clean it out. Either way, that seems to be the likely culprit.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope the website admin can comment and more importantly remove it because I'm having to use my iPad only now

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm using IOS and this is only happening on WUS. Is suspect this is not a broad rollout and only some people may be experiencing this as I have never seen this on any other websites but WUS
Must be, as I've been here on my iPad and haven't noticed the ads. Either way, hopefully it's a mistake and not intentional; that would be that type of obnoxious advertising would indeed turn people off.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep I had it too. Ads in the margins have just disappeared though to be replaced by one accor ad a the base of the screen.

Reactions: leicashot

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
These ads are happening to me, too. They obscure left and right of screen. I can't see who is writing in the threads, nor can I "like". I can't see half of this message I'm Typing.
Can't scroll around it.

Can't be helped by changing screen resolution.
I know we need ads to keep the site alive, but Help! This one is poorly implemented.

Using an Apple Macbook, OS 10.6.8 Tried using browsers Safari and Chrome (latest version), but the problem is consistent.

There is no option to get rid of the ads or minimise them. They even froze my computer the first time I went to WUS today..

Screen shot 2014-06-22 at 1.33.59 PM.png

·
Registered
810 Posts
Definitely sounds like a problem exclusive to you Aussies!

But y'all get to live in a beautiful country with Great Whites and stuff, so all's fair? ;-)

Edit: I believe you cats call 'em White Pointers?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
The bigger question is why are you not using ads blocker?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I don't believe this is the way that Mr Romers and the WUS people want their wonderful site to be experienced. I'd guess somebody goofed up with the ads on the servers that serve Australia.

Is there a way to contact the site administrators?

I just used the "Contact Us" link. I don't know if that was the right way to go about it.

If there's other links to report to site administrators, I can't see them. I can't even open my inbox (to read mail about using the forum) because the whole left side of the screen has been usurped by the Accor ads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.