WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the new Army Green line for November. It occured to me that they have stars on the display. First I thought 4 models so 1 up to four stars. But two of them have three stars. Does anybody know what they mean? It drives me crazy not knowing.:think:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow... the 5600 is fantastic... I hope they will come to the european market, too.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Don't know what they are for, but I would love the GW7900 to be a 4 star watch, not a two star! :-(

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Remember, these are the Japanese models.. the solar only models should show up in the US, but who knows if they'll have the stars or not. Either way, they look good with or without

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Simple logic. Higher ranks stay in the command center. No need for advanced features. G-Shock tucks mostly under the shirt sleeve. 5600 is good for that. 3 stars may go to the field sometimes and occasional actions. The 2 stars are in the front line or in the special ops. Or go through a lot of training. Need moon/tide features. Big buttons for operation with gloves on. :)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Simple logic. Higher ranks stay in the command center. No need for advanced features. G-Shock tucks mostly under the shirt sleeve. 5600 is good for that. 3 stars may go to the field sometimes and occasional actions. The 2 stars are in the front line or in the special ops. Or go through a lot of training. Need moon/tide features. Big buttons for operation with gloves on. :)
Great explanation, I really dig it :-!

cheers

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i would think it an age/seniority thing also; 5600 is the "hero" of G-shock, longest lasting design, so it gets 4 stars. 6900 came next, second most models ever made, 3 stars. 7900 is fairly recent but popular, 2 stars. gx-56 (supposedly 1 star), biggest and simplest g-shock.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Remember, these are the Japanese models.. the solar only models should show up in the US
Then explain the Burning Red Series. :-d

All, with the exception of the Riseman (probably because of the measurements in metric/celcius), atomic versions of BR was brought over to US.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
This is supposed to be a military stealth watch. I wish they'd do away with at least 50% of those dial labels on the 5600. The only good thing is that they're in orange, which is less eye catching than white (on the GM-M5600).

·
Registered
34 Posts
:) And the 5600 has more stars than the other models too! For some reason I've become a big 5600 fan recently.
Same here. They are so low profile and so comfortable that I often forget I'm wearing one. Add in the classic lines and easily readable face, and you have one heck of a watch.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Then explain the Burning Red Series. :-d

All, with the exception of the Riseman (probably because of the measurements in metric/celcius), atomic versions of BR was brought over to US.
Correct but the way the new Smoky Gray Mudman G9300GY-1 came to the US with Solar only.. generally the series will follow along the same lines. Just my guess, and I could be wrong, but my bet would be seeing non-atomic models hitting the US before Xmas.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I like GshockMe's explanation

and based on that, the ones wearing the King is the most likely to take risks, and get killed while going on dangerous missions.

*assuming GX-56 carries 1 star *

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
He he.. actually, I was just guessing. The age/seniority that BrendanSilent commented makes sense too. I think if someone ask Casio, they should be able to explain to rationale behind the design. Or it may be noted on the website already.

BTW: This is written on the AWG-M500K website. English is from google translate. I guess the stars are described in the bold text. Still doesn't make sense to me.

Summarized in khaki green and black on the body and band, G-color has been represented by an identity of toughness SHOCK.

すべてのモデルに反転液晶と黒文字板を採用し、フライトジャケットなどにも使用されるオレンジを配色。

Inverting the LCD panel and adopted a model for all black character, the orange color is also used, such as flight jacket.

文字板にはミリタリーファッションの定番モチーフである星をあしらい、さりげない遊び心を持たせています。​

The board will not treat the star character of the military fashion staple motif, we have a playful and casual.

ライトはブルーグリーン(デジタルモデル)とアンバー(AWG-M500)に発光し、ミリタリーテイスト溢れるデザインに仕上げています。

Green Light Blue (digital models) and Amber (AWG-M500) and issued to the military taste and finish the design flood.

カジュアルシーンで活躍するアイテムとしてはもちろん、実用性も兼ね備えたNewシリーズです。

Items to be active in a casual scene, of course, New Series also combines practicality.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
This is exactly what I was thinking, too.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
but that doesn't make sense if the king has one star (which we havent seen, granted) because the gx56 has the simplest module around, hardly any features besides basics.

i think it more like, the star are rank representing how Casio views the prestige of the model. to Casio, the 5600 is their bread and butter, their first G, their watch lines saviour, it means the most to their company of all g-shock models. 4 stars. the 6900 is close to this, slightl newer, but still many many models sold and a staple of g-shock culture, so 3 stars. etc etc.

my keybard is driving me nsane ight now, the batteries re dying and im too tird to g backl and fx wha i type.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Wow... the 5600 is fantastic... I hope they will come to the european market, too.
I agree, that's a sick looking watch. I don't usually like reversed digits but that's perfect. With the square face it looks like the watch version of a Jeep to me. Old school.

The one next to it looks great too. They do look military, but like retro-futuristic WWII style in a way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds right on!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts