WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought my first B a few weeks ago. A superocean. Wore it for 2 days straight, didn't really dig it. A bit too small for me. But I do like the yellow with the black pro diver strap. So I went down to the local AD to see what else was out there. Big mistake. They had an avenger skyland sitting in the window all nice and shiny with a black face. Needless to say, it's now sitting on my wrist and I'm happy as a clam. However, I'm still feeling like I need to have something yellow with a black strap as well in my collection.
Let me just say, I try to have watches that don't really look similar in my collection. I really try to do only one watch per brand. I'm not the kind of person who has 35 watches. I only buy what I'm going to actually wear. My collection now consists of my Sinn U1 and my B Avenger Skyland and 3 work watches. I will be buying another Omega Seamaster in the future, but I really really want an Avenger seawolf in yellew with the pro diver strap.
I know I'm not the first person to be bit by the B bug. But how do you all deal with it? I need to get this thing under control real quick! As it is now, I haven't taken my skyland off since I bought it. My poor U1, which I love, hasn't gotten much attention since.
Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
40 Posts
First up - GREAT choice of watch there :-!

I don't know what it is about the watches myself, someone else can answer that one, but I cannot believe that I am actually taking an interest in a watch forum! But somehow I am captivated with it all at the moment.
There certainly is more to this watch malarkey than first thought.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I personally think Breitling are about the best value luxury watch you can get. I think it's the case work combined with the dials. I've had my SuperOcean for about six months and it is still my favourite watch (on either leather or rubber strap). I've even bought watches since then, but the SO still gets most wrost time.

They are very distinctive looking watches and like you, that causes a small issue for me. I find that once you have one, aside from the Navitimer range, you generally have the overall look of the brand. Also like you, I only have one watch per brand - there are too many great brands around to stick to only one. However, like you, I keep looking back at the Breitlings. Simply put, they have some beautiful watches in their range at very good prices for what you get. And no-one does yellow the way Breitling do (or orange or blue)....

If you've got an itch, sometimes you just have to scratch it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CFk, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to have a very nice example of different companies. B does do yellow very well.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think many watch addicts are similar to ya'll. I like Breitlings for many of the same reasons you mentioned, but I find there is a great variety in their offerings. The thing that is similar in many is the bezel with the rider tabs. If you look past that the differences become obvious. The Navitimers don't have the divers bezel and thus stand out a bit more, but the rest of the line up is killer too! killer as in to my bank account! :-d
I won't name names but several other brands in the same price range have less variety imho.
The only way I keep from "overdosing" is to limit how much I spend and save for the ones I really want. I have to say at this point that I really like my Steelfish a lot and don't see it ever leaving my collection. Hopefully my next will be a Nav World.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Breitling represents Aviation.

Everyone wants to be a pilot. there is a prestige with being a pilot, fixed wing or rotor. So the brand has prestige, naturally.

Plus they are the best looking watches made and have a gret history.

Plus they are BREITLING!

the one and only.........

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Breitling represents Aviation.

Everyone wants to be a pilot. there is a prestige with being a pilot, fixed wing or rotor. So the brand has prestige, naturally.
I may not fly planes, but I throw a lot of stuff out of them for a living. I gotta say, my B will probably NEVER go on my plane. I don't baby my watches, but lets just say my herky bird rarely sees any of my watches other than my suunto.

And I do hate what they do to my bank account. It's pretty funny, whenever I look at my B or my Sinn I can't stop staring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts