WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a post like this, apologies if I missed it.

What watch is your easiest and hardest to read?

Easiest for me: Boschett Cave Dweller

or Citizen 4x4 Limited:

They both have excellent legibility. At a quick glance there's no mistaking the time. Dark background and highly visible hands. :-!

Now my hardest to read at a glance. Armitron skeleton. I like the watch, but darn if I don't have to study the thing to see what time it is. :roll:

Let's see yours!

·
Registered
47 Posts
No question... Damasko DA36!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Easiest to read? That's going to be difficult to say as almost all of my watches are easy to read.

Precista PRS-20 LE is probably the easiest, but the Kobold LSD, Glycine Incursore Sapphire w/cream dial are also really easy to read at a glance.

About the only one that causes me a bit of trouble is the Glycine Half Hunter. The hour hand should have been just a bit shorter. At time's it's difficult to tell the hands apart when looking through the front cover.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Easiest to read for me would be a toss up between my Archimede Pilot, Orange Monster and my 2254. The Seiko Samurai is a close 4th. Hardest to read is my Superocean steelfish. The combination of a glossy dial and hands that a mostly shiny (much less lume area than the 2254) means that in bright lighting the reflctions can be overwhelming and then in some lighting at odd angles the hands almost dissapear. In future I'll stick to matte dials I think.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I find all of my watches are pretty easy to read

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
All of my pilot watches are easy to read. The hardest for some people would be my Movado Luno.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Easiest to read the time:

Fliegers were made to be easy to tell the time at a glance.

Most difficult to read the time:

It all blends together.
(but who cares? this watch is my favorite vintage Omega!)

Most fun to read the time:

...because I still am in lust with it - and actually sometimes I don't know what time it is even after staring at it for a few minutes. :roll::-d

·
Registered
342 Posts
Easiest to read: Black Seamaster Professional...

Hardest to read: Probably my Citizen Calibre 8700 (not terribly difficult but certainly a "busy" dial)

stock photo:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Easiest: IWC Spitfire. Without a doubt---and everything you see in there is a work of beauty.

Hardest: Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph. The crystal displays a disturbing amount of reflection and the hands and indicies are the same shape and color. (The latter is true of my Tag Formula 1 Chronograph too).

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
Easiest to read:

Hardest to read:

To be fair, even the Nighthawk isn't that hard to read, once you get used to it, but at the first moment, you sort of go cross-eyed over the whole dial.

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,057 Posts
I didn't see a post like this, apologies if I missed it.
Let's see yours!
Great idea for a thread!

The Zenith AF/P has a well designed matte silver dial that reflects enough light to easily outline the markers and hands. The marklers and hands have onyx inserts and are black polished which makes them easy to read in dim light. The watch was not made with any glowing markers but that is not significant because I rarely need to tell time in extreme darkness.

The Titoni Airmaster has several nice features on the dial including the classic mercedes hands and the wonderfully styled arabic numerals. The dial unfortunately reflects so much light during the day that the polished hands can be hard to read at times. The hands which are simply polished can be hard to read at certain angles in dim light. The hands and numerals are treated with some version of luminova so the glow offers some readability in dim light.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I have a ss Armitron with decent lume and clear indices ( basically a simple pilots watch)with big hands which is very easy to read very good contrast that is probably my easiest to read watch along with a seiko 5.I also have a Jump hour from fossil which is the hardest to read of all my watches.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hardest to read:

To be fair, even the Nighthawk isn't that hard to read, once you get used to it, but at the first moment, you sort of go cross-eyed over the whole dial.
It's surprisingly true about the Nighthawk. Although I had my doubts before I had one in my hands, the large (and very well-lumed) hands against the tiny print in the background is actually easier to read than one would guess just looking at the watch.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts