WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had two vintage favorites: Omega Flightmaster and the Marine Chronometer. The latter was way out of my price range way back when. I had a Flightmaster and sent it in for refurbishing after buying it used. It originally had yellow second hand and yellow sub dial hands and half yellow half red pusher buttons. Omega service center in Switzerland changed the second hands to red and the pushers had no color on them at all. I felt they changed the complete character of the watch and we failed to bond. It became the ugly, unwed, pregnant step-sister of my collection at that time and I traded it away for a DateJust.

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I am so enjoying my new Omega Seamaster diver 300
what a beauty it is - It hasn't been off my wrist in 3 weeks and
I think I have worn it more days than I wore my Sub Date that I owned for 18months
that languished in its box the whole time. Indeed, because it was never worn,
I sold it last week and now flush with reddies - and looking at investing them in another Omega.

So, my question is which is your favourite current line-up Omega and why?
Pics please

Here's mine
View attachment 15875298
White dial is so fire!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Just the good old Speedy Pro.

It's been a weird watch, I think my appreciation for it has grown since buying it, usually its the other way around. Some people may think the "moonwatch" connection is totally played out, but I just think it's so cool and extremely unique. A true piece of history with no forced marketing.

·
Premium Member
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Oh no, I think I have another fave - a grail for several years - I finally found one - that's it - no more - gonna enjoy what I have - a lot

IMG_1218.jpg

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I've had many Omegas in my day. Other than the obvious bog-standard non-coaxial Speedy Pro?

I have always liked the Seamaster 2255.80. The electric blue with sword hands.

I also like my Constellation '95

I used to have a Dynamic III. Both the standard and the chrono. I'd like to have the chrono again.

I didn't even mention the real vintage stuff. Pie Pan anyone?

I'm not as big of a fan of the current line-up. They're asking a huge premium for the coaxial movements and I feel ruined the Speedy Pro.

There are plenty of previous gen stuff around to be had. They have had plenty of great watches in their history. I will probably get another Omega sometime soon. Hopefully.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Railmaster 1957 Trilogy, because sometimes less is more. I like the vintage design, minimal script, and 38mm polished tonneau shaped case. The small details like the Omega symbol etched into the sapphire crystal, broad arrow hour hand, how the exquisitely thin tip of the minute hand perfectly lines up with/covers the minute hash marks, and it's fairly discrete size are all reasons why I enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Well, I have always said my blue Seamaster 300M, that I wanted for 25 years before finally getting it, is my favorite Omega and favorite watch.

I got the green AT which I LOVE and still, the blue Seamaster 300M holds the title of my favorite Omega.

I get the Omega AT World Timer tomorrow. Let's see if my blue Seamaster 300M keeps the distinction as my favorite Omega (and my favorite watch period).

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Starting to feel bad for some of my other watches...
#firstworldproblems!

Still a time and place for the other ones! Start feeling good for your watch box!

Reactions: JLittle
121 - 140 of 161 Posts