WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I scrolled through this thread and quickly realized my hand would cramp from hitting the "like" button so often. There are some sweet watches in here! So, take this as a "group like."

I honestly don't know which way to go. One day it's the SMP300. Another day it's the AT. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 Omega watches. My AD had quite a few options over the many months I was looking and trying to decide. These are the two I went with (not bought at the same time!). Both are versatile and have the aesthetic that I like. I also wanted the new movement.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I scrolled through this thread and quickly realized my hand would cramp from hitting the "like" button so often. There are some sweet watches in here! So, take this as a "group like."

I honestly don't know which way to go. One day it's the SMP300. Another day it's the AT. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 Omega watches. My AD had quite a few options over the many months I was looking and trying to decide. These are the two I went with (not bought at the same time!). Both are versatile and have the aesthetic that I like. I also wanted the new movement.
View attachment 15919905
Beautiful! Great choices.

Reactions: Sugman

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree. I actually wish I would have purchased that instead of my AT at the time, but I was flush with divers. Anyway, definitely the AT next.
View attachment 15875399

From there, vintage.
View attachment 15875401

I am not really a vintage guy and this is my only one, but Omega has some great vintage pieces. I love the vintage pie pan dial Constellations.
love that blue AT

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
What are your thoughts regarding this beauty? I love this model, especially on rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is unbelievable. Its on another level. And I am so happy I got it on the rubber as opposed to the bracelet. With the rubber, it wears like my Seamaster 300M, but lighter.

·
Registered
685 Posts
It is unbelievable. Its on another level. And I am so happy I got it on the rubber as opposed to the bracelet. With the rubber, it wears like my Seamaster 300M, but lighter.
Right on. I prefer the way this one looks on the rubber strap as well. Super cool watch!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am so enjoying my new Omega Seamaster diver 300
what a beauty it is - It hasn't been off my wrist in 3 weeks and
I think I have worn it more days than I wore my Sub Date that I owned for 18months
that languished in its box the whole time. Indeed, because it was never worn,
I sold it last week and now flush with reddies - and looking at investing them in another Omega.

So, my question is which is your favourite current line-up Omega and why?
Pics please
Congrats on your purchase, I have to admit it looks really well on your wrist eventhough I don't particularey like divers.

I have a big crush for a specific OMEGA for 2 years now but have not pull the trigger (ATM) : it is the Omega Constellation Globemaster, I gravitate toward the white dial one as of now.

Here is a picture of the watch (not mine, obviously) from ablogtowatch.com

Omega Globemaster Watch Team Review | aBlogtoWatch

39mm, Fluted Bezel, exquisite depth on the dial... I cannot imagine myself not getting my hand on it !

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Although the PO LE I mentioned earlier is my favourite Omega in existence. My favourite era was the first generation Bond SMP lineup.

I loved the painted on lettering over applied markings. It gave a tool-watch feel. Those early wave dials are a lot harder to capture in photographs, but look phenomenal in certain lighting conditions.

This was the model that got me to become a WIS. I didn't know much about watches and at the time the dial was just the best I'd seen on any divers watch. Forget a Rolex Sub etc - this was the watch I fell in love with. And was very happy it came in quartz - which was rare for a brand of Omega's caliber, even back then.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'll say this version of the 45.5 PO, the 9300 movement version. Because...the bezel is matte not shiny, and with a watch this size it needs to be matte or it looks even bigger than it already is. The next iteration with the "master" chronometer grades have flashy shiny bezels and dials. I don't want to be blinded when I am trying to tell what time it is... And Henry Cavill owns this model # too :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just the good old Speedy Pro.

View attachment 15882433

It's been a weird watch, I think my appreciation for it has grown since buying it, usually its the other way around. Some people may think the "moonwatch" connection is totally played out, but I just think it's so cool and extremely unique. A true piece of history with no forced marketing.
The dial really is always interesting to look at. Coolest heritage ever.

·
Registered
473 Posts
New 300m diver chronograph. Checks of all the boxes. 9900, 300m, date, ceramic dial, bezel, looks better than the POC IMHO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That‘s a tough question. I would say 1861 Moonwatch as it‘s such a classic, but on a flip side I love my modern blue SMP300 for it’s refinement, attention to detail and robustness.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Planet Ocean is probably my favourite watch of all time, ever since the 2500 series. I felt compelled to reluctantly sell that one due to multiple movement issues (I got a lemon watch). Even thought they fixed it the 3rd of 4th time around – the enjoyment was no longer there. Happier with the 8900 but do miss the 2500. I was after a black/orange 8900 but managed to score a blue/red 'limited edition' modeling never knew existed in the showcase of a local Perth AD. I do like my blue coloured divers.

I actually prefer the IWC pilot chrono over a Speedmaster. Didn't stop me buying both. Although I set out to buy a Moonwatch, the older Racing model (with moonwatch proportions – before Omega change the entire structure of the racing series) in excellent condition made its way to my wrist instead. I might still buy a Moonwatch if I come across a used one at the right price.

The watch that has the most sentimental value is my quartz SMP – because it was the watch that started it all for me. My two favourite designs in my small collection are my PO 43.5 and IWC 3717. Although it's nothing special inside, the 3717 is still my all time favourite looking chronograph out there. My favourite Omega chronograph is probably the Bond SMP blue chronograph, the first edition. But too similar to my SMP to buy it and it's size looked a bit too large on my wrist.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Mine was the Omega Planet ocean Chrono 9300 for a long while.
I still love the watch and will never part with it.
However along comes my Ploprof 1220m In steel and now I'm not sure .
2 very different watches ,but I can't make a decision between them.
Either way both are beyond awesome .
Just pure quality .

Attachments

141 - 160 of 161 Posts