3421 - 3440 of 3520 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
New guy here and new guy to Casio watches. A week ago, I got a G-Steel GST-S300-1A1. I really like it, but the reverse LCD sub-dials are hard to read unless I'm wearing my "readers" or in strong light. 56 year old eyes. But, I think it's a sharp looking watch.

View attachment 15363379

Then I got a Pro Trek. Are Pro Treks allowed here? I didn't see a dedicated forum or thread for Pro Trek. This watch is SWEET!

View attachment 15363380

And, then... 7 more Casio watches! A total of 7 G-Shocks and 2 Pro Treks.... all in a week. I fell down the rabbit hole HARD!
Very nice collection you got got going on already, enjoy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stay safe and enjoy your insta-collection in the best of health
Thanks. I seriously did not plan to buy more than one watch... and had no idea about the Casio watch world. I looked into it, and discovered I couldn't pick just one. So, I picked two... then a 3rd.. then a 4th... then, oh crap! 🤓

Today I'm wearing (for the first time) my least expensive G-Shock... a GA800. Simple but very lightweight and comfortable. Easy to read.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Thanks. I seriously did not plan to buy more than one watch... and had no idea about the Casio watch world. I looked into it, and discovered I couldn't pick just one. So, I picked two... then a 3rd.. then a 4th... then, oh crap! 🤓
i.e. you hopped into the rabbit hole where the rest of us live. Welcome, Alice! 🐰

·
Registered
383 Posts
After a few failed attempts, I have finally added a Frogman to the collection ==> DW-9900WC-5T
9900 models are not the most sought-after, but it was in excellent condition, had a new battery, and was in my price range so I went for it.
Since the white, opaque resin had turned that lovely urine color, it gave me a chance to try my hand at dying as well.
Tried for a short dip in black Rit to get a dark, smoky grey but it turns out black and yellow make purple so left it in for awhile to go dark as possible.
It appears black until bright light hits it and shows a deep purple color.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
After a few failed attempts, I have finally added a Frogman to the collection ==> DW-9900WC-5T
9900 models are not the most sought-after, but it was in excellent condition, had a new battery, and was in my price range so I went for it.
Since the white, opaque resin had turned that lovely urine color, it gave me a chance to try my hand at dying as well.
Tried for a short dip in black Rit to get a dark, smoky grey but it turns out black and yellow make purple so left it in for awhile to go dark as possible.
It appears black until bright light hits it and shows a deep purple color.

That looks terrific. Nice work. 👏

Reactions: FarmeR57 and Dxnnis

·
Registered
466 Posts
GBX-100 G-Lide

Found one at retail, so I'm giving it a try.

I'm currently a bit skeptical.

Too clunky for a smartwatch, but too "smart" for a G-Shock.

I always appreciated the minimalist engineering of the standard G's. It was a challenge to balance and fit all the features into such a restrictive platform. Plus there was the aesthetic engineering of making a layout that was pleasing and practical.

With this MIP display, it's like the challenge is gone and they can lazily slap a screen in a case, and then do whatever they want on the software side.

So now, any missing features are probably due to laziness or indifference from the programmers end.

For example, why no hourly chime? I can't picture a hardware or software limitation to explain that one.

If I'm going to get a smartwatch, why not just get a purpose built one?

I'll give it a week to see.
Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
let me know when you’re ready to sell!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm waiting on two G Shock bits and pieces.

A silver GMW-B5000 bezel which has been sitting in NY (in customs) with USPS for a week now. No ETA on this one.

And a GW-B5600HR that DHL has and left Tokyo about an hour ago. They say it'll be here Friday, I suspect it'll be here earlier.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm waiting on two G Shock bits and pieces.

A silver GMW-B5000 bezel which has been sitting in NY (in customs) with USPS for a week now. No ETA on this one.

And a GW-B5600HR that DHL has and left Tokyo about an hour ago. They say it'll be here Friday, I suspect it'll be here earlier.
the silver bezel would bother me. I hate not having any eta or progress. BUT each time it happened to me it came unexpectedly soon or just a little late. I’m sure things are fine. “Oh COVID you little rascal”

3421 - 3440 of 3520 Posts