WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3441 - 3460 of 3520 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Got it yesterday. Like it a lot, but a positive display would be ideal. It's super light (77g sized for my wrist), and the bracelet actually fits me unlike the GMW-B5000 bracelet. Same module (essentially) as my GMW-B5000 so setting it up was a breeze.

I do wonder tho, why, WHY, would Casio leave this giant gap in the bracelet? That final center bracelet link is a one-off piece, it doesn't match any of the other center pieces, so why not make it just a smidge shorter to make the gap match the rest of the bracelet??

·
Registered
234 Posts
@dgaddis
you have to love the “overall” of a combi. Never felt a V2 and my first reaction is that it might feel cheap vs a half metal V1. Actually,.. are V2s 100% resin/composite? Just realized I never found out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I do wonder tho, why, WHY, would Casio leave this giant gap in the bracelet? That final center bracelet link is a one-off piece, it doesn't match any of the other center pieces, so why not make it just a smidge shorter to make the gap match the rest of the bracelet??
My thoughts as well, with both versions.Gives me a “weakest link in the chain feeling”. Though I’m sure it is very durable, the feeling is that it breaks the continuity.

·
Registered
767 Posts
@dgaddis
you have to love the “overall” of a combi. Never felt a V2 and my first reaction is that it might feel cheap vs a half metal V1. Actually,.. are V2s 100% resin/composite? Just realized I never found out.
The links are resin, the H links and the center links. There is a bit of steel embedded on one side of the H link for the spring bar...but only on one side.

It's light and comfy. But it's just plastic. I've heard some people talk about how 'premium' it feels...eh, I don't feel that. It's plastic.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's light and comfy. But it's just plastic. I've heard some people talk about how 'premium' it feels...eh, I don't feel that. It's plastic.
interesting. Odd that the reinforcement is on one side. I guess through testing they have opted for weight reduction over added durability. Considering it’s G-SHOCK, I’m sure theV2 has more than enough strength.

I saw a guy on here who swapped for a V1 on a gbx-100. Interesting look. Here’s a craaaazy idea.V1 H links on V2 center links or visa versa. Hmmm.

3441 - 3460 of 3520 Posts