WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3461 - 3480 of 3520 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
interesting. Odd that the reinforcement is on one side. I guess through testing they have opted for weight reduction over added durability. Considering it’s G-SHOCK, I’m sure theV2 has more than enough strength.

I saw a guy on here who swapped for a V1 on a gbx-100. Interesting look. Here’s a craaaazy idea.V1 H links on V2 center links or visa versa. Hmmm.
They're teeny tiny inserts, you would have to have an amazingly sensitive scale to tell a difference. Holding or wearing it you'd never know the difference. I think it's just a cost cutting measure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got this mod kit in the mail last night and installed it. Some issues with the clasp mechanism sticking closed so I had to take that apart and do some fine file work. It was an absolute nightmare putting back together but now it’s all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Already wearing my first G a couple weeks. Really liking it, was kinda uncertain about a "plastic watch" but the resin has a very nice matte finish that is pretty comfortable to the touch and eyes. And the bracelet is a really nifty way of being a G-Shock that's just a tad bit more fashionable imo. Again, really content and also liking the G's displayed here, the King with yellow accents and the new G-Lide with combi v2 look really neat.

·
Registered
234 Posts
@chronocrator
If the “plastic watch” thing is a thing still for you a b5000 Full metal might be down your alley.
Gs started off as being utilitarian by design and durable so resin makes sense but have since become about style and culture additionally. So for me I love them in all forms but gravitate toward the finer, heavier, (or lighter b5000tcm for example), higher end of the brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@chronocrator
I mean, I still couldn't say how I like the resin bands or whether all squares got this nice and comfortable texture but it's not that big a deal since I'm very pleased with the one I got.
But still you're spot on, for sure with a nice resin model at hand now the B5000 is the most preferable series to find a deal on. I am super keen on that STN display tbh.

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
Finally, my GR-B100 is fully charged. This watch took forever to get to a full charge. It took so long I thought I was charging an old school ML2016 rechargeable battery even though it has a CTL-1616. The watch may be large but it is comfortable and light weight on the wrist.

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
It rang up at $11.83.

Don't take this the wrong way. But I hate everyone that has been getting G-Shocks from their local Walmart stores for crazy low prices for the past few years. I have been checking my store for years and I keep getting the same answer. No discounts on G-Shocks here. I've been told that the stores that are discounting them are either closing the watch department down or they are going to remodel the department.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way. But I hate everyone that has been getting G-Shocks from their local Walmart stores for crazy low prices for the past few years. I have been checking my store for years and I keep getting the same answer. No discounts on G-Shocks here. I've been told that the stores that are discounting them are either closing the watch department down or they are going to remodel the department.
Not taken the wrong way. I went to three Walmarts. The first one, closest to my house had this. The other two were fully stocked on G-Shocks and MDV-106s and not a discount in sight. It’s really hit and miss.

3461 - 3480 of 3520 Posts