WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3721 - 3740 of 3781 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,904 Posts
Rounded out my MR-G family, with the G2000....the rubber strap on this is super soft, and once the nightmare trim down (easy, but stressful!) was completed, along with the micro adjustment, she is sized and on wrist!

.......joins my B1000 and G1000.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
So, not a G, and definately on the budget side of the forum, but i love it so much that i have to share it.
Picked upa PRG-650Y yesterday for a great deal (NIB). The straps were nice, but I had a NATO i was dying to see on it. Did some modifications to the attachment lugs (cough cutting cough), and wound with with a really great looking setup. I am in love with the "stealth" approach, and the matte metals highlighted by the few white elements (all the metal on the NATO is black too). This one is definitely a solid favorite now..

·
Registered
558 Posts
#0004 and #0010 arrived. Will take better photos when I’m not dying in bed lol.

Loving the colour scheme, the way the colours fade from the top of the case to the bottom and the translucent strap!

Not sure which one I’m keeping but I’m swaying towards #0004

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, not a G, and definately on the budget side of the forum, but i love it so much that i have to share it.
Picked upa PRG-650Y yesterday for a great deal (NIB). The straps were nice, but I had a NATO i was dying to see on it. Did some modifications to the attachment lugs (cough cutting cough), and wound with with a really great looking setup. I am in love with the "stealth" approach, and the matte metals highlighted by the few white elements (all the metal on the NATO is black too). This one is definitely a solid favorite now..
View attachment 15498423 View attachment 15498426
I have two Rangemen and a Mudman but I have been eyeing this as an alternative to the gigantic and expensive GWG1000.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rounded out my MR-G family, with the G2000....the rubber strap on this is super soft, and once the nightmare trim down (easy, but stressful!) was completed, along with the micro adjustment, she is sized and on wrist!

View attachment 15497918

.......joins my B1000 and G1000.

View attachment 15497919
That G2000 looks fantastic, congrats! How is the size compared to the other 2?

·
Premium Member
5,904 Posts
That G2000 looks fantastic, congrats! How is the size compared to the other 2?
same size as the G1000, with the B1000 coming in as “mid size”....but they all wear well, and so light!

7.5” flatish wrist for ref

·
Premium Member
5,904 Posts
Mailman.....pretty good week for me.....new MTG VL.....and boy does this puppy pop!

using @Irf numbering, mine is #325......gotta throw it on the surefire for a few mins to charge, then some wrist shots!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Update, watches arrived yesterday so I went straight to the point of interest and proceeded to work gently stripping it down, the bezel crumbled as expected, the screws all came out slowly and absolutely fine and the back needed some force to open it up, so a clean, a battery change and reset then I gave it a new band and bezel, the overall unit was immaculate without any obvious scratches on the back, a little surface dirt and some fluff in the buttons and that was it, I couldn't even find any scratches on the glass!

So now it's shiny and new again...

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Update, watches arrived yesterday so I went straight to the point of interest and proceeded to work gently stripping it down, the bezel crumbled as expected, the screws all came out slowly and absolutely fine and the back needed some force to open it up, so a clean, a battery change and reset then I have it a new band and bezel, the overall unit was immaculate without any obvious scratches on the back, a little surface dirt and some fluff in the buttons and that was it, I couldn't even find any scratches on the glass! View attachment 15500800
View attachment 15500801
View attachment 15500802

So now it's shiny and new again...
Love it Beefy!

Aftermarket strap? I don't like the fit of them personally, the part that meets the screwback always leaves indentations in my wrist. The genuine ones don't do that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Love it Beefy!

Aftermarket strap? I don't like the fit of them personally, the part that meets the screwback always leaves indentations in my wrist. The genuine ones don't do that.

Yeh I have a handful of original used bands but they don't go as well with the matt finish of the bezel, so once the bezel has 'worn in' and developed a shine I can switch the band back 👍

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Yeh I have a handful of original used bands but they don't go as well with the matt finish of the bezel, so once the bezel has 'worn in' and developed a shine I can switch the band back
I know what you mean!

As a point of interest though, this pic is of a brand new genuine strap with a new out of it's wrapping Brazilian bezel, near as identical in finish.

It used to be that the Brazilian bezels had a very matte finish and took a while to match with the strap, I guess they've improved the bezels slightly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My suspicions towards Casio served me well.

It's mostly shiny and new-to-me, but not quite sure we can call it new :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Glad I kept the one from Reeds all nice and tucked away... I'm thinking it'll stay there for a bit.

3721 - 3740 of 3781 Posts