WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3741 - 3760 of 3781 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just received another Triple Black GA2100 after selling my last one and then wishing I'd kept it, and they've updated the box and tin design, I'm not normally fussed about stuff like this but I like it so I thought I'd share...

Haven't photographed the watch as once you've seen one you've seen them all...

·
Registered
5,680 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought the black bezel version (gmw-b5000-1er) with resin dirt strap cheap and spent some money on the silver bezel and bracelet. Don't know what I think about the black buttons and screws, though. Maybe it makes it unique. What do you think?

Also, the one end link has more play than the other. But I'll live with that.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The only all digi G that's on my want list.
Thanks! I'm pretty much the opposite; I have a hard time buying any analog/ana-digi G-Shocks. The only one I have is the ga 2100, and that took me awhile to warm up too., Lol.

As for the Rangeman, it's a great watch! I highly recommend it. Prices are very good out there on the secondary market. Check the forums people are selling them for around $150 and up. There's one on there now, you can talk the guy down 20 bucks and grab it for about 160.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks! I'm pretty much the opposite; I have a hard time buying any analog/ana-digi G-Shocks. The only one I have is the ga 2100, and that took me awhile to warm up too., Lol.

As for the Rangeman, it's a great watch! I highly recommend it. Prices are very good out there on the secondary market. Check the forums people are selling them for around $150 and up. There's one on there now, you can talk the guy down 20 bucks and grab it for about 160.

Its mainly the G Steel ana/digi that i like. But the 9400 Rangeman not only looks good, but does everything as well.
I'm in UK, a decent deal on a new one will come up sometime. They've been around £160 here before. I already have a Protrek, so i'm in no rush.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It’s not shiny and new but it’s pretty cool. A vintage original MRG-1 from the late 90s. I came across it on eBay and the highest bid was $20 so I jumped in above that. Miraculously nobody else jumped in and I won the bid for $21.50. I have 10 watches in my collection including two luxury brands and several other G shocks but right now at this moment this is my favorite piece. I love its look and history.

EFA3B4D9-3D00-4D3F-996A-9720BF6A89B8.jpeg AE6BC280-EC42-4962-96A7-82D5129939E7.jpeg

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
It’s not shiny and new but it’s pretty cool. A vintage original MRG-1 from the late 90s. I came across it on eBay and the highest bid was $20 so I jumped in above that. Miraculously nobody else jumped in and I won the bid for $21.50. I have 10 watches in my collection including two luxury brands and several other G shocks but right now at this moment this is my favorite piece. I love it look at its history.

View attachment 15512841 View attachment 15512842
That's excellent! Now you have to find the bezel, that I assume was on there at one point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's excellent! Now you have to find the bezel, that I assume was on there at one point.
Unfortunately they are no where to be found. I guess it was a design flaw and they were easily broken. I saw three or four other MRG- 1 models online and none of them had their bezels. I don’t even know what it looks like with the bezel. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wish I did.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Unfortunately they are no where to be found. I guess it was a design flaw and they were easily broken. I saw three or four other MRG- 1 models online and none of them had their bezels. I don’t even know what it looks like with the bezel. Wish I did.
Well, it looks good naked nonetheless

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Unfortunately they are no where to be found. I guess it was a design flaw and they were easily broken. I saw three or four other MRG- 1 models online and none of them had their bezels. I don’t even know what it looks like with the bezel. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wish I did.
It looks like any other G-SHOCK with the resin. I actually think this one looks better without it so you can show off that titanium case.

Resin rot is fairly common among Gs pre-2000.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow. Thanks Kubr1ck. I’ve been hearing about this mysterious missing bezel and had no idea what it looked like. I agree.. looks better without it. I love this little Titanium guy from back in the day.

3741 - 3760 of 3781 Posts