WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3861 - 3880 of 3888 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
Just arrived today. Truly a great value at $44!! Really nice looking with a very deep blue sunray dial, nicely polished hands and case, and comfortable strap. Not to mention screwback case and 200m WR. It just so happens that the second hand also hits the center of all markers on the dial. Watches like this do tend to make me question somewhat the value of my expensive watches. :unsure:

MDV106B-2A Duro/Marlin

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello all,

Any Seinfeld fans here?... my new acquisition takes me back to a very iconic episode of Seinfeld, particularly the following scene and line...

So I went to the shopping mall with the intention of getting new correction eyeglasses and, indeed, came back with new eyeglasses but also a new watch.

You see, as I walked towards the exit I stumbled into this watch store with an excellent selection of Casios, and there it was, a 6900 G-Lide, something that I wanted for so long BTW, and not any 6900 G-Lide, it was the collaboration with Hawaiian clothing brand IN4MATION.

It must've been there for years, I don't think they just received it from the Casio Distributor (well, that's a no brainer given the fact that it's a 2010 model), also they had to look in the back for the box for almost 20 minutes, the box was covered in dust and in general poor conditions.

The battery too was almost dead, and it's dead now after a few times turning on the EL. Hopefully I'll fix that before this week ends.

Dead as you can see, but I will post very soon when it comes back to life 🤙🏻.

I'm pretty much sure I'm in love with the color and the texture it reflects, it's a glossy but not to shiny petroleum blue greyish, that's the best description I can find for the color.

Box has seen better days.

Lots of thanks to Bernard Blue, Oscar Orange, Yves Yellow the Cubebots and Jake the Snake for helping me with the scenery.

IN4MATION Tschüss

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hello all,

Any Seinfeld fans here?... my new acquisition takes me back to a very iconic episode of Seinfeld, particularly the following scene and line...
View attachment 15564771
So I went to the shopping mall with the intention of getting new correction eyeglasses and, indeed, came back with new eyeglasses but also a new watch.

You see, as I walked towards the exit I stumbled into this watch store with an excellent selection of Casios, and there it was, a 6900 G-Lide, something that I wanted for so long BTW, and not any 6900 G-Lide, it was the collaboration with Hawaiian clothing brand IN4MATION.

It must've been there for years, I don't think they just received it from the Casio Distributor (well, that's a no brainer given the fact that it's a 2010 model), also they had to look in the back for the box for almost 20 minutes, the box was covered in dust and in general poor conditions.

The battery too was almost dead, and it's dead now after a few times turning on the EL. Hopefully I'll fix that before this week ends.
View attachment 15565742
View attachment 15565744
View attachment 15565745
Dead as you can see, but I will post very soon when it comes back to life .
View attachment 15565746
View attachment 15565747
View attachment 15565749
I'm pretty much sure I'm in love with the color and the texture it reflects, it's a glossy but not to shiny petroleum blue greyish, that's the best description I can find for the color.
View attachment 15565751
View attachment 15565752
View attachment 15565753
Box has seen better days.
View attachment 15565754
View attachment 15565755
Lots of thanks to Bernard Blue, Oscar Orange, Yves Yellow the Cubebots and Jake the Snake for helping me with the scenery.

IN4MATION Tschüss
Wow! Prices on those are through the roof. What a find. Awesome colour (and description of the colour) too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow! Prices on those are through the roof. What a find. Awesome colour (and description of the colour) too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the good words, man 🤙🏻

And yes, the prices are insane, I did check Ebay, USD 395.00 the cheapest offer... nowhere near my budget, my wallet wouldn't take such a hit.

The tag showed 120.00 but the almost dead battery and the damaged box played in favor with a 5% discount, not much but it was appreciated. They offered to change the battery but I rather do it myself.

Hope I can find the time Saturday to put the new battery, fingers crossed 🤞🏻.

🤙🏻

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I ordered this last Thursday and it was on my wrist on Tuesday! Outstanding service from SEIYAJAPAN.COM
I bought a Seiko Tuna from Seiya Kobayashi 8 years ago and had looked for this Mudmaster model in Europe but could not find one. I sent an email to him, replied 30 mins later that indeed he had one. Even with taxes paid it was slightly cheaper AND a made in Japan version. I never thought I would end up wearing one of these however it’s an awesome watch and now my daily wear. I have 2 main criteria for a watch, readability both day and night and water resistance and this easily covers those. Enough talking, here’s a couple of pics,

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
I ordered this last Thursday and it was on my wrist on Tuesday! Outstanding service from SEIYAJAPAN.COM
I bought a Seiko Tuna from Seiya Kobayashi 8 years ago and had looked for this Mudmaster model in Europe but could not find one. I sent an email to him, replied 30 mins later that indeed he had one. Even with taxes paid it was slightly cheaper AND a made in Japan version. I never thought I would end up wearing one of these however it’s an awesome watch and now my daily wear. I have 2 main criteria for a watch, readability both day and night and water resistance and this easily covers those. Enough talking, here’s a couple of pics,

View attachment 15567563
View attachment 15567565
I've bought a couple of Seikos (Alpinist and SARB033) and a GW-5000 from him. His prices are a bit higher compared to other Japanese online sellers, but I cannot emphasize enough the service and communication he has with his customers.

Congrats on the purchase. I really like the GWG but I wish it had the Quad Sensor of the GG-B.

3861 - 3880 of 3888 Posts