WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
5181 - 5200 of 5224 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Got it Saturday. Great watch.
Congrats!
I'm one of the "fools" who prefer the look of the new watch by the way, and this is my favourite colorway :D

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Copy and paste of impressions

Here we go, back home, took a few pics in a couple of different lighting conditions. So will be a little warmer on pics.
The GBD- 200SM-1A5ER as I have not got a clue the model to save anyone asking 🤣
It’s a G shock!!!

Lots of pics😅
In short….ish some quick 1st impressions.
Nice display……no beautiful display !, much nicer on the eye than the typical negs . Menu wise not what I call intuitive , takes lots of wrong pressing and no doubt time invested to get it off to a T!!!

The buttons are symmetrical both sides , I will also mention the strap. Wow such a pleasant surprise……I was expecting a super small tail left like the 5600/5610, how wrong I happily was!
Granted it’s slim, but plenty of length and fine for those 8”+ wrists. (Mine is a bit over 7.5”, not 8” to make clear).
So soft supple strap ,that in fairness I would expect in any watch over £100, well over £50 to be honest . It doesn’t need to be expensive to be soft!

Comfortable yes, design a strong like, colours a strong like( I should hope so ,as that was main factor in getting it!) Really happy with it.

Not sure yet how it updates perfect time, presuming it made contact with my iPhone without me knowing ? Via Bluetooth . As it’s to the second and the G shock app does not support this G 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would I recommend this G, hell yeh for the display and comfort alone. Lots of colour choices to suit all tastes.

All things considered, value, comfort, legibility, colour options, it’s a home run G imo. Other than being picky , UI not that user friendly (certainly at first anyway). Strap could be a touch wider, that’s it! Just one read of the time on the beautiful display makes me forget the minor gripes.

Pics 😁

Surprisingly long strap, bit thin but soft and comfortable

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts

Here we go, back home, took a few pics in a couple of different lighting conditions. So will be a little warmer on pics.
It’s a G shock!!!

Lots of pics😅
Nice display……no beautiful display !, much nicer on the eye than the typical negs . Menu wise not what I call intuitive , takes lots of wrong pressing and no doubt time invested to get it off to a T!!!

The buttons are symmetrical both sides , I will also mention the strap. Wow such a pleasant surprise……I was expecting a super small tail left like the 5600/5610, how wrong I happily was!
Granted it’s slim, but plenty of length and fine for those 8”+ wrists. (Mine is a bit over 7.5”, not 8” to make clear).
So soft supple strap ,that in fairness I would expect in any watch over £100, well over £50 to be honest . It doesn’t need to be expensive to be soft!

Comfortable yes, design a strong like, colours a strong like( I should hope so ,as that was main factor in getting it!) Really happy with it.

Not sure yet how it updates perfect time, presuming it made contact with my iPhone without me knowing ? Via Bluetooth . As it’s to the second and the G shock app does not support this G 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would I recommend this G, hell yeh for the display and comfort alone. Lots of colour choices to suit all tastes.

All things considered, value, comfort, legibility, colour options, it’s a home run G imo. Other than being picky , UI not that user friendly (certainly at first anyway). Strap could be a touch wider, that’s it! Just one read of the time on the beautiful display makes me forget the minor gripes.

Pics 😁

One of the best colours on this model for sure, justabe posted his a little while back (no suprise lol) and it does look great. Enjoy it and as others say "wear it in good health" but I say say wear it however your feeling ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts

It’s a G shock!!!

Lots of pics😅

Pics 😁

Yes it syncs with Bluetooth only. I've been running mine without Bluetooth activated and it's gained 5 secs in 24 days. Not too shabby I'd say. The strap is great as you say.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Yes it syncs with Bluetooth only. I've been running mine without Bluetooth activated and it's gained 5 secs in 24 days. Not too shabby I'd say. The strap is great as you say.
Thanks for info. Must have done with phone without realising as didn’t have the app at time(move app ,not the G shock one as doesn’t show on that )
Either way what an awesome G for the money, it’s blown me away more than the 2k’s I have. More simply down to bang for buck! I expect a lot whwn
Spending over a certain amount. I didn’t expect much in fairness. A pleasant G surprise . Cheers

·
Registered
Rolex Sub 116610LN || Rolex Datejust 126234 36mm Slate dial and Roman markers || G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
2,412 Posts
Bought a DW-5735D-1B from Ebay. Had the watch for more than 2 years on my watch list. Nobody bought it, so I felt like I had to buy it. Went for ~$147. Not sure if that's a good price for it or not. It should he here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just got this in last night from Amazon. I really wanted the newer U version with the LED Light and the time function in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes, but Amazon sent me the older version with the EL Light instead.
View attachment 16259402
View attachment 16259403
Did you pay for the U or the lower cost pre-U? I mean if you paid for a U and got the OG then I'd send it back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Did you pay for the U or the lower cost pre-U? I mean if you paid for a U and got the OG then I'd send it back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I paid the lower cost pre-U discount price, but I bought it only because everyone here in the Casio forums said that Amazon was shipping out the newer U version even though they advertised it as being the GWM-5610-1 older version in their discount ad on the Amazon website. I really wanted the U version. I paid $77.35 plus tax for it. The same watch is being advertised for $91.00 right now. It’s still being advertised as the older version. I doubt that Amazon has any of the newer U versions available for shipping under this same advertisement.
Watch Clock Rectangle Font Watch accessory

5181 - 5200 of 5224 Posts