61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I have a few Ultimates at the moment.
I'm really liking the idea of the Globemaster Master Chronometer. It may be the watch I buy myself as a graduation gift from pharmacy school in 2 years.

There's just so much to love about this watch:

Omega-Globemaster-Co-Axial-Master-Chronometer-hands-on-aBlogtoWatch-08.jpg

I'm also anticipating the release of a Master Co-Axial Planet Ocean, though I am more than happy with my 8500 PO, which is a work of art, but I do think the Master Co-ax PO is going to be one hell of a watch, ultimate if you will.

The third I think is an ultimate is a GOSTM or the snoopy speedy, both are pretty awesome.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I already have my Ultimate Omegas: In Order...

Grey Side of the Moon
Ti Planet Ocean 8500 LM
Planet Ocean 2500 with orange numbers and both black and orange bezel (would be better if a PO 2500 LE LM)
Ti Seamaster Pro chronograph (my Chuck Maddox homage watch)
Vintage Moonwatch (but would be better if a 68-69 transitional, or a 1962 Speedmaster birth-year watch)

·
Registered
909 Posts
The two I have are my favourite Omegas. I wouldn't trade them for any other.

image.jpeg

I think I would like a new SM 300MC without the vintage lume or so many shiny surfaces.

I think the AT >15,000 Gauss is fantastic too. Probably my next purchase. The only thing that could make it better is if it said Master on the dial. Here's a pic I stole from a forum member.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
186 Posts
o3.JPG

It was this... till I pulled the trigger yesterday. Deserves a separate thread when arrives :)

photo: borrowed from net

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I think the ultimate for me is one that isn't made, simply love the Smurfmaster Speedy but I'd do mine with Dauphine hands. Got all the parts now need to find a donor moonwatch. Of the production models it would be in this order: 3570.50, 3565.80 (Gemini IV LE), 3570.31 (Mitsukoshi Panda), 2201.50, 2254.50, AT8500.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lovells 105.012 -66 CB that travelled on Apollo 13, which never actually made it to the moon but timed the critical burn to get them all back safely. Jack Swigert did the timing using Jim's Omega.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Definitely a 1970s original Seamaster 1000. I wish they would come out with a reissue of that beauty.

·
Registered
609 Posts
ZOMBIE THREAD>>>>YEAH!

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
At the risk of sounding shallow, my Omega. In all seriousness I missed Planet Ocean off my wrist for years. When I saw the Blue Red combination, that was it. I realise there are better, more expensive and limited Omegas out there. To me, it's my ultimate Omega.

I'm fortunate that way. IWC being my second favourite brand, the Pilot Chronograph (and entry level model) was my ultimate IWC.

twice lucky

PS
Omega keeps making such nice watches lately, my ultimate could one day change.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I've bought a coupe of flightmaster a and had them overhauled and services by STS. Alas I've always ended up selling them on due to being worried about damaging them I their new perfect condition, and the mineral crystal scares me to death! BUT:

This must be the ultimate Omega surely. So far ahead of its time and covering all bases with chrono, internal bezel, GMT.

A new release version with sapphire crystal and 200m water resistance would smash most other Omegas in the current range out of the park!

My second place, the 910 variant.

And my ULTIMATE OMEGA

The 911!

What's you're ULTIMATE?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
It was once this.

Then it was this.

Then it was this

Then this

Then this