WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you wear your high-end gold watch, are you constantly nervous about messing it up or somebody stealing it off your wrist?

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
I wear my Lange with short and polo, when i travel, when i go to the mall or to see a movie, etc. On a brown strap, it is surprisingly versatile.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Gold JLC goes wherever as long as I'm not at work. Dressed up or t shirt, I don't worry about it. I never wear it to work though as I'm in restaurants and don't want to bang it around.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I don’t worry about it, but mine are all white gold or platinum, so they wouldn’t get a second glance. Anyway that’s what insurance is for, peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I don't have any of those brands... but I have a yellow gold ALS and Breguet, a rose gold Rolex Cellini and vintage Breitling Chronograph, and white gold RL 867. I wear them in most settings that don't require me to be in or around water or significant physical activity. I wear them to the office, to the bar, lounging around the house, running errands, hanging out with friends, to the park, when I travel and in any major city. Basically 95% of my life I can wear them. I do not wear them to the gym, while hunting or camping, to the beach or when I scuba dive, or if I'm going to a rock concert.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wear a vintage gold VC from the collectionneurs series so it's unlikely that it will be recognized as valuable. It's also somewhat irreplaceable since I've never seen another like it, so I wear it to work or out for an evening. I wouldn't wear it for activity or in the rain.

·
Banned
70 Posts
It all has to do with you being careful, I wear my high end watches to places that won't make it stand out like Balls and events, other than that, I wear my daily beater.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I wear my pink gold ALS to work (business casual) twice a week on days I'm not heading to the gym after work. Also, I'll strap it on for dressier evenings out. I don't intend travel with it often.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I wonder who notices your wrist for a valuable watch!? The short answer is; only WIS and watch forum members....

Rest may not even have a glace at your watch, valuable or not.

To the rest it's anyway less than $100. Your ring and wallet are more susceptible to loss than f***ing irrelevant watch.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
All my watches are daily wearers, in rotation of course, so sans something very unusual in terms of risk of major damage all get out and about, to include the gold pieces, life's way to short as it is . . .

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I wear my watches under a cuff, and I'm careful not to be in a bad area and I'm alert with the right Paw of Justice ready.

With that, I wear my gold watches all the time.

Travel is another story, I wear a G-shock or insured SS sportswatch (hotel room safes are easy to steal from), so the watch stays on my wrist always.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wonder who notices your wrist for a valuable watch!? The short answer is; only WIS and watch forum members....

Rest may not even have a glace at your watch, valuable or not.

To the rest it's anyway less than $100. Your ring and wallet are more susceptible to loss than f***ing irrelevant watch.
I will add 3 other categories of people who will take note of the watch you are wearing:
1. Watch salesmen. 2. Muggers. 3. Gold diggers. Fortunately 2 of those are probably only looking for Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
There are millions of watches out there that are gold coloured, so not many people will notice a real gold high end watch (more to the point, they won't even know what a high end watch is - unless it's a Rolex of course...).

When I eventually get my first high end watch, I won't worry where I wear it - provided it's appropriate for the situation / conditions.

Reactions: Nephro

·
Registered
853 Posts
you have to be street smart when it comes to wearing your expensive watch in public or while on travel.
London, Paris and Amsterdam are big no nos for me. London is notorious for organized gangs specifically steeling watches and purses from wealthy people walking alone or in small groups. Paris too is kinda scary with lots of street thugs. if someone bangs into me in the streets of Amsterdam i immediately check my pockets, wallet and watch.
Geneva is a safe city to walk around with a nice watch (perhaps because they have seen it all). Zurich and Milan are generally safe too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honestly I wear whatever I want whenever I want... Quite often I will wear what others consider their “Dress Watch” on a regular day with jeans and a tshirt at the cigar bar and running around town. You have to do what you are comfortable with....

Reactions: GrouchoM

·
Registered
13 Posts
For travel, i prefer very good quality chinese replicas. And as to the gold pieces, i never prefer yellow gold, i always buy white gold ones.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts