WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today, I found a watch that I was really excited about buying from looking at the pictures. However, being the smart person that I am, and that the watch is over 70 years old, I decided to ask about the size. The watch is 29MM excluding the crown. That disappointed me to tell you the truth. I was hoping for somewhere around 35MM. Would you say that this watch is too small for my 6.5 inch wrist? I took some pictures with a 29MM that I own. However, I never wear it and I was hoping to let this watch get a LOT of wrist time. Not to mention that I would be paying a significantly larger amount. Here is about how I would expect the watch to fit on my wrist.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
If you like it that much have you thought about wearing it on a bund strap?
The pad hides the smallness of older watches.
I have an old 30mm cushion case that I planned to wear on a bund (if the hairspring wasn't buggered...)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you like it that much have you thought about wearing it on a bund strap?
The pad hides the smallness of older watches.
I have an old 30mm cushion case that I planned to wear on a bund (if the hairspring wasn't buggered...)
Who do you know of that makes bund straps for 16MM lugs? I'm looking for this color brown.
http://www.amazon.com/Alligator-Gra...r_1_7?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1329093733&sr=1-7
I prefer the buckle to come gold colored, plated, something. But I can always switch out the buckle. The watch case is gold filled.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think it's too small, yes. I have about a 6.5 inch wrist (maybe a bit bigger) and I wouldn't go below 34mm I don't think. Prefer 38-40mm.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's too small, yes. I have about a 6.5 inch wrist (maybe a bit bigger) and I wouldn't go below 34mm I don't think. Prefer 38-40mm.
I own 3 50MM+ watches. lol. As long as it's over 35MM, I'm generally okay.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It depends on how you feel about the watch. People did wear small watches in the past :) Seeing all of the oversized monsters of today may it seem too small... I have a 34mm with a similar proportional size look and I'm fine with it...

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It depends on how you feel about the watch. People did wear small watches in the past :) Seeing all of the oversized monsters of today may it seem too small... I have a 34mm with a similar proportional size look and I'm fine with it...
What size is your wrists? And would you mind sharing a picture?

·
Registered
194 Posts
That is normal size of vintage watches and it looking good on you. Wear it with shirt or polo shirt for classic looks

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I found a really nice Seiko hand-wind in great condition but 37mm is just too small for my 6.75in wrist so I sold it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Small by today's trends but it really comes down to whether YOU like it or not. I have a 6.5" wrist and my smallest watch is a 35mm seamaster. My preference is 38-40 and 35 is probably as small as I'd go. I think 1lb+ dinner plates look ridiculous on some people but that's their preference.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not really sure what you mean. That's what I'm saying. On my 6.5 inch wrist, I prefer to be in the 35mm to 40mm range.
I own three watches with a case diameter that exceeds fifty millimeters. I am not too partial on size, however I feel like any watch that has a case diameter of less than thirty five millimeters is too small. That's all I was saying.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
By the way, if anybody finds a dark brown/reddish bund strap for a 16mm watch, PLEASE lemme know. I will be switching the strap out to preserve the ORIGINAL strap. (Yes, it really is the original leather strap)

·
Registered
915 Posts
There's a guy on ebay that sells some. I tried one but it was a couple inches too short for me, should work for you...

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
If you already own a 29mm watch which you consider too small to wear, why do you think another 29mm would change your mind?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts