WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

When my GW-3000B syncs at night, I get the wrong date.

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Shawnny 
#1 ·
I know how to sync it manually. After doing it manually It changes to the right day of the week, so I'm sure I'm doing it right. But that's not my problem. When it syncs at night the date changes. This morning after automatically syncing the date changed to the 5th instead of the 12th. Being in So. Cal., it's only able to automatically sync once or twice a week.

I must be doing something wrong. Got any ideas?

Here's a pic of it on an N80 leather NATO:

See less See more
#2 ·
A little edit:

I didn't mean I can do a manual sync. I mean adjust everything manually. It's never been able to do a manual sync. It will only do an auto sync at night a couple times a week.

I was thinking:

Does this mean I am traveling back in time, one week? Because I wouldn't mind doing the last week over again.

#6 ·
Its kinda hard for me to tell because I don't wear it much. I'm pretty sure I'm setting the year correctly. I set it to the 1 first, press button c then set it to the three, press button C again and then set it to 10 for October. Does the auto sync just set the time, or does it set everything. Because if it sets everything, it wouldn't matter if I manually set it wrong because the auto sync would correct everything. Or am I wrong?

#7 ·
I'm sorry, I don't have one of these so I can't comment on if you are setting the year correctly. The atomic sync does set the date but it does require a strong L3 signal on G-Shocks to do this. There was a thread earlier in the year where it was discussed that the time sync can get through on a lower signal but it doesn't necessarily receive the full sync information. As you are managing to sync only twice a week, maybe the signal is too weak to get a full date sync? I'm hoping a member who has a 3000 series can comment on this. Have you tried setting it to a different Home City to get it to reset then switching it back to LAX and letting it re-sync?

#10 ·
I think the date wheel is not set to the correct home position.
The "thoigh movement" auto hands adjustment only works for the h m s hands, not for subdials and date wheel.

So i bet you just have to do the "hands home adjustment" menioned in the manual for the date dial. :)

#19 ·
Have you tried setting it to a different Home City to get it to reset then switching it back to LAX and letting it re-sync?
Ok, I did that. I made sure it was on DST, I did an auto correction of hand home position, then I did it manually, then I went back to the time keeping mode and everything adjusted to the right place. Time, 24hr, date, day of the week, all of it is correct now. I think I got it now. We'll see what happens when it syncs one of these nights.

Thanks guys!

#20 ·
So the atomic sync doesn't put all the pieces together obviously. All I had to do was set the home city and dst and the watch module does the rest. The signal reception seems to be all over the board with atomic watches. I live in NC but my Casio's normally sync up automatically every night, if not then the manual option works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.