WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I usually just take one beater or semi-beater watch. I used to take my swiss army quartz but it finally died after 10-12 years, so I'll have to use something else, probably my TSAR

If you plan on taking multiple watches I'd suggest a pelican or storm case in your carry on (if your flying). I'm going to be transferring to a college out of state in a few month and that's how I plan to transport them if I bring all or some of my watches (haven't decided yet).

·
Registered
668 Posts
I bring along 2. Depends where I go.

To Berlin I took my Stowa Airman, and Stowa Antea. (Taking them home....)

To Caracas a Sturmanskie Civil and white Vostok Radio Room. (Not a smart place to wear a Rolex...)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) The responses are interesting so far...

Before I 'got into' watches, the idea of taking more than one watch away with me would have seemed a bit bizarre. Now, however, I would struggle to leave home for anything longer than a week with just one watch....

·
4,410 Posts
I try to take only one.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I take one, and it is always a beater. I usually take a Vostok Amphibia. Then, when I buy something rare (hopefully a Strela!) I can put the Vostok in my backpack without thinking twice about it and leave it there for the rest of the trip.

·
Banned
423 Posts
....how many watches do you take with you, and how do you carry them?
If I go anywhere staying overnight it is on a horse trek. I don't even take a tent as not to burden the horse so ONE watch only. It usually is the Traser P5900 because it is an instinctive read day and night.
I would swap it on some trips for a rugged soviet with an instinctive dial and alarm if I would happen to find one.

petrus

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I always take my trusty leather watch travel case (I think the brand is "MK." It holds two watches of any size. Each compartment has two elastic hold-down straps: one permanently attached on both ends and the other attached on one end and with a velcro fastener at the other end (to accomodate watches with bracelets). Of course, you wear a third watch. ;-)

·
Banned
423 Posts
Two fotos.

1. two day ´extreme´ trip:

Heartrate metre to monitor the exertion level of my horse. USELESS as a timepiece as it is hard to read and digital.

2. tree day trip:

No wallet, no mobile, no gps, no compass, no watch :-!

hc

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I usually take two,a vostok europe k3 and other,a casio,or an amphibia or an Oris...but the k3 allways travel with me:-d;-)

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Good idea:-!
Excuse me...but,What brand is this watch?...it is beautiful:p:p
regards
It's a 1918 Waltham mated in 1921 to a sterling silver (0.925) A.L. Dennison case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I usually take 4 watches (but I travel 3-4 weeks at a time).

I take the US Customs forms with me (if you are leaving the country with a watch that has a serial number, you can document that fact & save any possible hassles when you come back).

I got a nylon watch/knife case from MWR (smaller and less obvious than the leather cases I used to carry).

b

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Domestic U.S. travel: Usually wear one quartz beater (Timex), take no more than 2 others, but never the really expensive ones.

International travel: Wear one quartz beater only and take no others, but hopeully find a good one to buy on the trip!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts