WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s mornings like these that I can’t help but notice the subconscious choices I make to integrate my daily life with this hobby (obsession???).

What do you do to make watch collecting a pervasive passion?

I’ll go first, I’ll admit that I like to watch/outfit match. Today’s entry is a blue suit to match my blued seconds hand:

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Been down this road before. Before I retired (13 yrs ago on July 1st), I picked my boots first. That determined whether I was wearing blues, grays, etc. or earthtones. Then the watch was chosen based on strap and/or dial color. This process also determined which pair of glasses I wore that day.

I just can't wear black frames and a black strap watch with browns and tans, just as Ican't wear brown frames and a brown strap with black and dark grays. Just can't do it. I made things a bit easier by wearing a lot of olive because I could wear black or brown with it. Life is easier now that I primarily wear jeans or olive chinos.

·
Registered
926 Posts
It’s mornings like these that I can’t help but notice the subconscious choices I make to integrate my daily life with this hobby (obsession???).

What do you do to make watch collecting a pervasive passion?

I’ll go first, I’ll admit that I like to watch/outfit match. Today’s entry is a blue suit to match my blued seconds hand: View attachment 15938433
Love the arabics on that dial, and the BOR is like Lebowski's rug, it ties the whole outfit together. Sorry that you have to suit up on a Sunday though.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
There was that one time I was wearing a black shirt and dark grey washed jeans and I felt the need to take off my navy blue watch... but that's pretty much the only time I've thought about it.

I do try to be appropriate to the occasion. I won't wear something dressy to go swimming or wear a diver to a wedding.

Reactions: Ayoungentrepreneur

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I might as well mention one of my other matching quirks. I worked in buildings with fluorescent lighting. As some of you know, lighting affects color greatly. One day I took out a new pair of olive slacks to pair with a beige shirt and olive patterned tie. The combo looked great in incandescent lights and in the sun, but as soon as I walked into my building, the lighting turn the olive pants into pea soup green. sat behind my desk until lunch and then sped home to change my slacks.

I went out that weekend and purchased a fluorescent light for my walk-in closet so I could know how the colors would work at work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do coordinate my watch with my outfit…the problem is then I feel it necessary to have a bunch of different colors in my collection…it is probably crazy…but hey some call my watch obsession crazy!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I usually pick my watch for the week, following a set rotation, and stick with it form Monday through Sunday. If something comes up during that week, I will change the watch to match the activity (casual, business, etc.) That's about the only time I'll change a watch that's in rotation.

I think we can all agree, nobody cares what watch you're wearing and do it more so to match the event.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Always cognizant of matching my watches with my clothing, but sometimes is picking watch I want to wear first and then matching my clothes to the watch.

·
Registered
960 Posts
When you match you watch to your underwear :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
DSC_4394.JPG

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
15,653 Posts
Since I have been WFH for over a year, I match stuff when I get extremely bored

Once upon a time I enjoyed subtle matches, such as grey business casual shoes with a grey dial watch.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts