WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to figure out if the clicks i'm hearing when manually winding my hamilton tachymiler (valjoux 7750) is the clutch or not. (i'm new to autos)

also, how many wind is a full wind?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Re: when youre winding an automatic, what does the clutch to prevent over winding feels li

You love cars don't you? ;-)

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Re: when youre winding an automatic, what does the clutch to prevent over winding feels li

On my VostokThe clutch is stiff and it clicks after a bit of winding.I stop at that point.It is wound enough.

·
Registered
899 Posts

thing is w/ autos you can't overwind b/c of the mainspring design. the spring 'slips' inside of the barrel to avoid being overtightened. otherwise the autowinding could break the spring w/ only normal wear. this has been so for about 150 years i think. maybe less. not sure.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Approximately 10 winds should be sufficiant for most automatics prior to wear.Any more than that is overkill. IMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts