1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am falling in lust with the watch in this link:
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/G-GW-5500-1JF

I have some questions on how to get it.

1) Do I have to get it from Japan ? I think the answer is yes. but how does one do that, without even knowing the language ? Just click some links on that site ? Or is there a better site or what ?

2) I've seen another link where the watch was also called a GW-5500-1JF, but it had red buttons. How would I make the distinction when ordering between this watch and the one with the red. I don't want red buttons.

3) Do I have to pay the high price listed on the link I provided or are there better places to shop for one ?

So basically, if anyone can get me pointed in the right direction for being able to get that watch since I've never ordered from Japan before.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a reliable source: this and this :)
Thanks. That's the same link I put in my post. :)

What about that price. Is it ok to ask about prices on this forum ? It does seem high, being that my 5600-1J only cost $80. Do we have to pay double because the watch is unavailable in the states ?

·
G-Shock Mod
14,639 Posts

What about that price. Is it ok to ask about prices on this forum ? It does seem high, being that my 5600-1J only cost $80. Do we have to pay double because the watch is unavailable in the states ?
sorry, how could i missed your original link o|

but anyway, since the GW5500 are JP market only, my suggestion would be:

(1) seiya japan
(2) http://www.higuchi-inc.com/
(3) ebay
(4) keep an eye on the FS forum

:-d

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, how could i missed your original link o|

but anyway, since the GW5500 are JP market only, my suggestion would be:

(1) seiya japan
(2) http://www.higuchi-inc.com/
(3) ebay
(4) keep an eye on the FS forum

:-d
LOL. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it !!
Thanks for the links.

I guess if it was too easy to get I may not appreciate it as much. b-)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am falling in lust with the watch in this link:
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/G-GW-5500-1JF

I have some questions on how to get it.

1) Do I have to get it from Japan ? I think the answer is yes. but how does one do that, without even knowing the language ? Just click some links on that site ? Or is there a better site or what ?

2) I've seen another link where the watch was also called a GW-5500-1JF, but it had red buttons. How would I make the distinction when ordering between this watch and the one with the red. I don't want red buttons.

3) Do I have to pay the high price listed on the link I provided or are there better places to shop for one ?

So basically, if anyone can get me pointed in the right direction for being able to get that watch since I've never ordered from Japan before.

The GW-5500-1JF is a Japan only model. Seiya-san is a great seller. Using his website is the easiest way to order it but you can also send him an e-mail if you want specifics. The red button version is the G-5500-1JF not GW-5500. This version is solar but does not have the multi band 5 function so it doesn't sync with an atomic clock. As others have suggested you can look on ebay. I saw one cheaper from a seller in Japan. That said, I can't imagine you will find a better seller then Seiya-san.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL

i couldn't agree with you more ;-)

but as a WIS, watches come and go, except for the special ones :)
Yea you got that right. If I get that one, and like it like I think I will, it will be a permanent keeper, just like my 5600 is.

I just got the nod from the boss on the 5500. She's like, "I like that one, it's square". Duh, what about my 5600 ? she doesn't care for it, but it's almost as square as the 5500.
Now she'd kill me though if I bought the Camo colored one.

Anyway, these watches are absolutely perfect for me. Good looking, easy to wear, indestructable, waterproof (for my purposes) , under 14mm thick, square-ish, and inexpensive. What a combo. I may just have to give up on being a WIS. Or I've graduated to true WISdom. ;-)

Just thinking how much fun I can have shopping in the Caribbean where my targets are in the $100 range as opposed to the $3-5k range. :):):)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Yea you got that right. If I get that one, and like it like I think I will, it will be a permanent keeper, just like my 5600 is.

I just got the nod from the boss on the 5500. She's like, "I like that one, it's square". Duh, what about my 5600 ? she doesn't care for it, but it's almost as square as the 5500.
Now she'd kill me though if I bought the Camo colored one.

Anyway, these watches are absolutely perfect for me. Good looking, easy to wear, indestructable, waterproof (for my purposes) , under 14mm thick, square-ish, and inexpensive. What a combo. I may just have to give up on being a WIS. Or I've graduated to true WISdom. ;-)

Just thinking how much fun I can have shopping in the Caribbean where my targets are in the $100 range as opposed to the $3-5k range. :):):)
It's taken me awhile, but my days of spending boat loads on a watch that only tells time and requires expensive maintenance are over. Like Kurt said the other day, maybe we're buying with our hearts now instead of our egos. :)
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's taken me awhile, but my days of spending boat loads on a watch that only tells time and requires expensive maintenance are over. Like Kurt said the other day, maybe we're buying with our hearts now instead of our egos. :)
Cheers,
Bruce
I feel the same way now. I have 3 very nice automatics left. I think I'll just keep them, and basically I seem to not care about buying another. Not too sure about the ego thing, but I'll let you know how I feel after the firts time I wear my 5600 to a with a tux to a formal event. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GW-5500-1JF is a Japan only model. Seiya-san is a great seller. Using his website is the easiest way to order it but you can also send him an e-mail if you want specifics. The red button version is the G-5500-1JF not GW-5500. This version is solar but does not have the multi band 5 function so it doesn't sync with an atomic clock. As others have suggested you can look on ebay. I saw one cheaper from a seller in Japan. That said, I can't imagine you will find a better seller then Seiya-san.[/quote]

Thank you.
It's hard to justify if I only save a few bucks, to sacrifice a seller who people give such high praises to.

·
Registered
445 Posts

Well, you could wait for the 5500 to be out as long as the gw5600 has been and the price you need to pay may be similar. If you want it now, that's the cost of admission. G-Shocks are like that, don't like the price, wait, it will come down, unless it's a limited edition.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, you could wait for the 5500 to be out as long as the gw5600 has been and the price you need to pay may be similar. If you want it now, that's the cost of admission. G-Shocks are like that, don't like the price, wait, it will come down, unless it's a limited edition.
Ok that's cool. I just wanted to make sure I'm not getting ripped off or being foolish by paying that much for this watch. I guess since it's a new model, and is only in the land of the rising sun, that's as you say, the price of admission. I just hope it doesn't become available in the states in 5 months for half the price. :))

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.