WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost everywhere else seems represented - maybe not Africa but that makes a certain amount of sense.

with a rich history of innovative timekeeping and a penchant for highly detailed decorative arts (filigree an mosaics and the like) it seems like a natural fit... but i haven't run across one yet.

google hasn't helped in part because of the of the ubiquitous 'arabic numerals' listings confusing searches.

i'm very curious to find this (entirely theoretical) secret world and intrigued by its potential!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
There's the Casio f-91w...

(did I say that or think it?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? None?

How is that possible?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I looked around and found Brilliant Watches out of the UAE... but it looks like they manufacture pretty standard quartz watches... there must be others I hope.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Middle East is not alone, just pull out a world map, The entire middle Asia, the Asian-part of Russia, and South-east Asia are void. Even the more developed places like Singapore, Taiwan and Korea do not have a watch industry. So are Australia, South America, and Africa.

We can add the North America to the list too if you are talking about an "industry" or "manufacturers".

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,036 Posts
almost everywhere else seems represented - maybe not Africa but that makes a certain amount of sense.

with a rich history of innovative timekeeping and a penchant for highly detailed decorative arts (filigree an mosaics and the like) it seems like a natural fit... but i haven't run across one yet.

google hasn't helped in part because of the of the ubiquitous 'arabic numerals' listings confusing searches.

i'm very curious to find this (entirely theoretical) secret world and intrigued by its potential!
I'm not aware of a watch manufactuer located in the middle east. I have seen swiss watches modified with a custom dial by who I assume are local jewelers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts