WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,410 Posts
"I've decided... that smart watches aren't really watches. They're mobile devices for the wrist."

This is how I feel. It is not a watch. If the face always stayed lit-up, and the charge lasted at least a year, maybe.

I'll stick to actual watches. As for poor watch info online, a particularly nagging thorn in my side is how difficult it can be to find lug-to-lug lengths. There are many watches I would not be able to decide on purchasing without that info. Sometimes it is very hard to find, and it's only from forums or blogs. It is almost never listed on the watch company's website itself.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
I'll add my 2p:
  • Seiko - Yeoman's blog, the Seiko 5 finder website by one of our WIS buddies.
  • Vostok - just for the SEs, Russian sub-forum and Meranom's facebook page.
  • Everything else - Affordables sub-forum. If it ain't on here, it's probably not automatic nor affordable and therefore not an option.

Totally agreee with the other comments about getting decent info. If I'm researching specs I'll check Amazon, but that can be a minefield.
Amazon is one of my all-time favorite websites, period. That said, their watch specs are very frequently wrong. Because of that, I don't trust that info but I agree it's a place to check at least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.