WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,356 Posts
I tend to avoid big-brand websites, because they are awfully designed, in one of two extremes - either you get a faux-shiney, video-filled slow-loading "web2.0" plethora of dark-background movie bits (boring, unoriginal, SLOOOOW), or you get "what is this internet? Here's out bulletin board!" relics that barely function (seiko, citizen, orient... they kinda have this a lot).
The only brands making good websites, imo, are *SOME* micros out there (not all, and not most even), and CW.
So, yeah, most watch brands have terrible websites, so I don't bother even going to them.

How to get news... Eh. Usually I'll browse kickstarter for new 'watch' projects, like once a week or so. Other than that, checking into the standard watch-blogs, I guess. And keeping an eye out on these forums, ofc.

WRT slow upgrade cycle - yeeeah I'm feeling the same way. I've been here since, what, 2010? And I'm seeing pretty much the same seikos and orient stars and rolexes and squales and whatnot. Again, micros kinda bucked that trend, but the big-brand stuff? Same, same, same same same.

· Registered
10,356 Posts
Can we please not have yet another 'smartwatch vs. watch'/'AppleWatch is gonna kill horology' debate?

Although... if there is one thing that the watch industry could learn from the apple watch, it is how to advertise and promote it. You think Apple isn't already sinking massive millions into getting the AppleWatch to be mentioned on all those big-name magazines etc.?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.