WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sinn 144 is such a beautiful classic chronograph that screams 1970s, I'm surprised I don't see more around. Not too big at 41mm, but built like a tank with nice heft and wrist presence from a bead-blasted case. Not a glint or shine anywhere on it. And the way that red pops off of the deep black dial is fantastic. Great that Sinn still makes this iconic tool watch, although Watchbuys are sold out of them, and I rarely see them on the secondary market. Probably a good sign. That means guys hold onto them, like me.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Don't have any pics at the moment but I agree. This watch is a keeper for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Back to life post for this thread. I really like the 144. It’s calling my name. I see one in my future. Wish I could borrow one for a few weeks. Dang it! Must resist!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Back to life post for this thread. I really like the 144. It’s calling my name. I see one in my future. Wish I could borrow one for a few weeks. Dang it! Must resist!
Live in Belgium? You can’t borrow but you can try on (I just got it today, so still very much in honeymoon).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
Love the Sinn 144 and that 1970’s look! But I don’t have one.
Yet.
I’m also fond of the 140 with it’s centrally mounted chronograph minutes hand, not unlike the Tutima in @HaymondWong ‘s post above. But I already have that movement (SZ-01) in my EZM 10, and can’t justify the cost of the 140.
As for 1970’s style, I’ve never made a secret of my passion for the IWC Porsche Design Titan chronograph:

Designed in the late 70’s by Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, but not sold until 1981. So maybe collectors associate this with the 1980’s instead? It, too, garners very little interest today among collectors (whereas I could chat all day about them).
Anyway, I’ll have to check the Yahoo auctions noted above to see if any 144s are floating around. Maybe the price on a used one will trigger my loose wallet to open? :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts