WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a stupid question but where are most Casio's made some say China, some say Thiland I thought they were made in Japan?:-s

·
Registered
254 Posts
most of the Gs i bought was made in Thailand. I think all Gs model available in the U.S market are made in Thailand or China too. :think: For the same model, the one which is made in Japan always carries a rip-off price tag:-d IMO.
I dont know if there is any differences in quality for watches that are made in Japan and Thailand. Anyone give me an idea?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just had to ask, huh?! One guess what Percy will say!! :-d Anyone?? :-x:-x:-x

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I think that most, if not all, of them are made in factories.

b-):-d:-d

·
Registered
64 Posts
MRG:Japan
other G: Japan and Thailand (mostly, but some model is assembled in china)
Beside/Edifice series: Japan Mov't, cased in China
Protrek(Pathfinder):Japan->Thailand

some early model i;ve ever seen were made in Korea

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Someone forgot to mention Malaysia.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I also think that most of the analog models (like GIEZ) have the movement from Japan, and then they are cased in Thailand.

·
Registered
721 Posts
G-shocks - most are made in thailand/malaysia??? yes.

But if we include the non-G's into the mix and speak of wristwatches only since casio is also a calculator juggernaut except in America, China is it. After all, he did say "Casio" right? Which include the classic models...and not to mention the ladies line of non baby-g watches.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Yup, mostly in Thailand. Although, I am starting to believe that a lot of the Thailand-made Casios are being manufactured in sweat shops.
Enough is enough. Take a break.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
From what I know:

The last latter indicate different factory?

Japan
Japan H
Japan M
Japan Y
Japan T
Japan K

Thailand Y
Thailand H

China Y

Korea C
Korea T

Malaysia
Malaysia Y

Then there those Japan Y movement assembled in Thailand or Malaysia.

Some buckles are made in Indonesia.
Lastly there is Taiwan (but no Made in Taiwan)

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok my G7700 sorry I don't have any picture but it does say Thailand Y so what does the letter Y stand for.:think::-s

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Ok my G7700 sorry I don't have any picture but it does say Thailand Y so what does the letter Y stand for.:think::-s
I'm not 100% positive but I think the 'Y' stands for a particular factory. Almost all the G's from Thailand I've seen have the Y after it, except for my GW-5600J which has an 'H' after it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts