WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting to watchuseek,

Backstory - I've recently fallen down a lovely rabbit hole of affordable vintage watches. Recently, I pulled the trigger on a 1960 era DOXA. They are a rare combination of class and case diameter (+36mm) that is tough to find in vintage watches.

In my never ending search of watches, I stumbled upon the Revue Thommen Nostalgia 1957 in some esoteric forum post. I love the watch, and the enigma that is finding one has made me want one even more. If you search for "Revue Thommen Nostalgia 1957" you get a four foreign amazon links that display different color varients but all of which are not available for sale. Searching for images of the watch proves that it exists in all its glory. I have seen some users here post images of theirs.

I cannot seem to find anyplace that is selling this watch. I'm very surprised there isn't ONE on eBay. I've emailed Revue Thommen but they have not replied. Since their takeover in 2001, I don't think they take on too much responsibility for this model. I am not even sure if this model is before or after the takeover.

To add to the mix, a very similar watch, the Maurice Lacroix Glasboden is equally as stunning. A google search for that results in a very similar end, a couple forum posts and foreign websites.

Are these two watches available anywhere? I feel like I'm chasing Kaiser Soze.

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, Ten-Ten. Unfortunately, they're about halfway to their goal and delivery wouldn't be until March 2016. I'll keep it in mind but I'd like to find a the Nostalgia 1957 a little sooner than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts