WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Watchuseek members.

I am new in this forum and like to know if anyone may help me to find a replacement crystal for my Invicta 9937.
Because I cannot find any Invicta spares I´d appreciate if someone could help with a link to an online shop or the exact dimensions to look for another aftermarket crystal. I am hoping that maybe some Rolex 16xxx crystals can fit, like the 295C that is available online.

Thanks in advance for any response or comment.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
why not just take advantage of one of the Invicta sales and replace the watch? Aftermarket crystals are going to run about the cost of an Invicta anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I saw Rolex sapphire replacement crystals for about $20 on ebay, a new watch would be about $300. That was my approach to ask if anyone may help. But if the crystal will cost a lot more, you´re absolutely right. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well, I saw Rolex sapphire replacement crystals for about $20 on ebay, a new watch would be about $300. That was my approach to ask if anyone may help. But if the crystal will cost a lot more, you´re absolutely right. Thanks.

Replacement crystals don't do you any good unless you have the proper equipment to install them, or a watchmaker that won't charge you much for the task.

If you paid $300 for an Invicta you were suckered. Real prices will range from $60 - $200 new in most cases. I'd recommend you stay away and get a Timex, they won't try to steal your money with marketing schemes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Most everywhere you can find an $899 Invicta on sale for 95% off for $30. Why and how are people fooled by these low quality joke of a watch brand?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for your comment.
The 9937 has a Swiss movement and a Flame Fusion crystal. As far as I know all the lower price Invictas have mineral crystals.
It would be great if someone could give a hint or a webpage link, where to buy an Invicta 9937 for $60 to $200. Of course I would buy it instead of trying to find a replacement crystal. It also could be a watch that does not work. I just need the bezel and the crystal.
I neither do have any problem to change a crystal nor the bezel or bezel insert.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Thanks a lot for your comment.
The 9937 has a Swiss movement and a Flame Fusion crystal. As far as I know all the lower price Invictas have mineral crystals.
It would be great if someone could give a hint or a webpage link, where to buy an Invicta 9937 for $60 to $200. Of course I would buy it instead of trying to find a replacement crystal. It also could be a watch that does not work. I just need the bezel and the crystal.
I neither do have any problem to change a crystal nor the bezel or bezel insert.

even if trolling, i like your style . . .

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,063 Posts
Have you called or emailed Invicta? Otherwise a parts house should have one that fits. Sounds like you know what you are doing so just take the measurements.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hello Watchuseek members.

I am new in this forum and like to know if anyone may help me to find a replacement crystal for my Invicta 9937.
Because I cannot find any Invicta spares I´d appreciate if someone could help with a link to an online shop or the exact dimensions to look for another aftermarket crystal. I am hoping that maybe some Rolex 16xxx crystals can fit, like the 295C that is available online.

I contacted Invicta for ya, they have em in stock, the MSRP is $985.00 but you can get one for $15.99 plus tax, oh yea I almost forgot the delivery takes 4 months ..... I'm still on hold with customer service since this morning, they're connecting me to the order dept. ..... yawn

Reactions: ollipie

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
From what I understand, the Invicta 9937 is a very well made sub clone. I remember seeing someone wearing one and actually commenting to him what a nice looking watch he was wearing. Invictas don't have a good following here so I think you may need to look elsewhere for advice on replacing the crystal. For what it's worth, the $300 price range is actually pretty good for what you have.

If I may ask, what happened to the original crystal now that it needs replacing?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Seems like the easiest way is to just take it to a watchmaker. Broken crystals are a common-ish watch repair, so the odds are good that sourcing a crystal won't be a problem for him (and he might even have one already). You'll get a quote before the work is done, so you can decide whether it's worth it. You'd presumably need a watchmaker to fit the crystal regardless.

*edit* As an aside, I see the 9973 is $327 on Amazon right now, while the nigh-identical 8926 is only $87. I'm sure there are indeed some meaningful differences between the two, but depending on your level of attachment to the broken watch you might consider just "trading down" to a very similar watch for not too much money. Assuming that the crystal isn't an easy/inexpensive fix, of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your comment.

Yes I asked Invicta "sales" and "service" by email, but I am still waiting for a response. I also contacted some online watch part suppliers and they´re all suggesting the same like you. But none of them confirmed to have a spare or may provide one.
I also do not have a digital caliper gauge to take the exact dimensions of the crystal, but a local watchmaker would do it for me, if I pay him the crystal change service. But he also told me, that he´d be happy if I could bring the spare crystal.
So, I am aware of the problem of this little project and therefore wanted to check first, if someone may help with some data or own experience, before disassembling the watch. There´s also a possibility that it´s a stepped crystal (Rolex type) that would make it more complicated to take it off, especially because the Invicta bezel construction seems to be tricky.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comment and asking about the damage details.

The crystal is cracked at its edge. Not too much, but the reflection effect on the dial is horrible.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
... you might consider just "trading down" to a very similar watch for not too much money.
I do have a 8926c. That´s really not an alternate device. But thanks for your suggestion. I thought about changing the crystals, but the 8926 has a mineral.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks for your comment.

Yes I asked Invicta "sales" and "service" by email, but I am still waiting for a response. I also contacted some online watch part suppliers and they´re all suggesting the same like you. But none of them confirmed to have a spare or may provide one.
I also do not have a digital caliper gauge to take the exact dimensions of the crystal, but a local watchmaker would do it for me, if I pay him the crystal change service. But he also told me, that he´d be happy if I could bring the spare crystal.
So, I am aware of the problem of this little project and therefore wanted to check first, if someone may help with some data or own experience, before disassembling the watch. There´s also a possibility that it´s a stepped crystal (Rolex type) that would make it more complicated to take it off, especially because the Invicta bezel construction seems to be tricky.
Here ya go if ya want the diameter 30.50mm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts