WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I can't imagine how a clasp can make the strap less bulky than a buckle. I don't think it would work either as a nato will be too thin to be set up with a clasp.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I've been looking for something like that Oris Clasp as well! If it's anything like their other clasps it's amazing, however the only thing I found was some that Timefactors have..

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,708 Posts
I've been looking for something like that Oris Clasp as well! If it's anything like their other clasps it's amazing, however the only thing I found was some that Timefactors have..

With this NATO band you are still exposed to springbars faillure like with regular leather straps.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
With this NATO band you are still exposed to springbars faillure like with regular leather straps.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk
Of course! But most people use it for looks I guess! But yeah

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I bought the timefactors strap and like it, but to keep something closer to a standard NATO, I went further. I bought the single piece "NATO" and added a clasp similar to that Oris model. I wanted a national that would allow the buckle to be centered on my wrist. There are plenty of Breitling style, single fold deployants on eBay, but the double fold works, too. I did opt for a deployant that uses the holes in the strap and not just friction to secure the strap.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
… I wanted a national that would allow the buckle to be centered on my wrist. There are plenty of Breitling style, single fold deployants on eBay, but the double fold works, too. I did opt for a deployant that uses the holes in the strap and not just friction to secure the strap.
One of the reasons I clip my NATOs and fashion cloth keepers from the cutoff strap is because I detest having the buckle on the side of my wrist. Distracting and unsightly IMHO.

Q: Does the Oris deployant only hold on to the point (da end with da holez) by friction? I presumed there was a peg that protruded through a hole. :-|

Not a dealbreaker with many people I suspect. Have you had regular spring bar failures? If so, maybe time to buy a different brand. ;)

\\ Sent from an Android or iOS device //

·
Registered
517 Posts
Old thread but reviving.
So I was recently looking for the same thing..a deployant clasp type NATO similar to what Oris produces. However I didn't want the two piece design. I ran across a DIY Perlon strap hack & since I have several of those, as well as extra clasps, I proceeded to make one like the website suggested. I only had a 22mm to work with & my lugs are 20mm..but being Perlon..it'll conform once the stiffness goes away. Anyway about 10 min of tooling around & here are the results.

https://watchbandit.com/make-a-perlon-into-a-nice-light-breathable-deployment-clasp-strap/

Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Wheel

Wrist Finger Hand Arm Fashion accessory

Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

·
Registered
149 Posts
Old thread but reviving.
So I was recently looking for the same thing..a deployant clasp type NATO similar to what Oris produces. However I didn't want the two piece design. I ran across a DIY Perlon strap hack & since I have several of those, as well as extra clasps, I proceeded to make one like the website suggested. I only had a 22mm to work with & my lugs are 20mm..but being Perlon..it'll conform once the stiffness goes away. Anyway about 10 min of tooling around & here are the results.

https://watchbandit.com/make-a-perlon-into-a-nice-light-breathable-deployment-clasp-strap/

View attachment 14349893
View attachment 14349895
View attachment 14349897
Awesome thanks for sharing.
The Oris Deployants are amazing and so great looking. I do believe that they sell all of their buckles and straps separately.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Awesome thanks for sharing.
The Oris Deployants are amazing and so great looking. I do believe that they sell all of their buckles and straps separately.
I know they do. Unfortunately they are the price of a new affordable watch just to have the little Oris stamp on the clasp. I don't own any Oris', so putting one of their clasps on my watch strap would be akin to putting Porsche rims on a Pinto. :)

Reactions: bjjkk

·
Registered
517 Posts
So to add a follow up to yesterday...I made another strap..this time an actual deployant NATO. I also found(which I'm sure this is no revelation to some) that you can make one without any gluing or cutting(well maybe if your wrist is small). The key is the type of clasp used. I have several of the pass through type clasp, where the strap end passes under the clasp and then sits against the wrist. Basically all you have to do is remove the buckle..attach it to the clasp & pass the other end through...& you're done. I made an orange NATO deployant for my Seiko Baby Monster SOXA mod. Now onto the pics!!

Watch accessory Orange Watch Wrist Fashion accessory

Banjo uke Fashion accessory

Strap Belt Fashion accessory Buckle

Leather Fashion accessory Strap Jewellery Goggles

Collar Tan Leather Fashion accessory Bracelet
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: recapt

·
Registered
517 Posts
Here I made one with the over the top type clasp. As you can see, you would need to cut a little off of the end if you want to avoid the tuck. Personally that's the only thing I dislike about NATO's..the dreaded tucked end. Note this one is not complete as I haven't removed the extra loop through strap yet...which I always do anyway to remove the bulkiness.

Fashion accessory Belt Strap Leather Buckle

Strap Belt Fashion accessory Leash Buckle

Belt Buckle Dog collar Strap Collar

Reactions: recapt
1 - 15 of 15 Posts