WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who like to take your watch off when you go to bed, where do you put your watch. My new Oris TT1 diver with its rubber deployment strap can only be laid down on the side of the case/crowns or on the sapphire - not a good idea.

I was thinking I need some type of soft pad, but since I'm new to owning nicer watches I wanted to get other peoples' ideas on what to do. Tell me what you do. Pictures help too.

Michael

·
1,263 Posts
You can go buy an inexpensive watch box with the pillows in it. I picked one up at Steinmart or TJ Maxx or somewhere like that. It holds 6 watches and was about $22.

I keep all my watches in watch boxes in a safe.

Chris

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just bought a watch box for my girlfriend for xmas. I really bought it for me also but if you search for tech swiss on amazon.com they have tons of watch boxes in different sizes and shapes. I opened up the one I received and it looks very nice. It cost me about 40 bucks. They have an aluminum case that I almost bought but I really don't have that many watches that I want to put in there. Remember it is Christmas and the time to indulge!

Until you find something you might just sit your watch on a face towel or something like that. Just fold one up and sit it on your dresser. Works just like a watch mat and probably costs much much less.

Happy Holidays!!!
*edit*
Tech swiss was recommended in one of the other WUS forums and that was how I was lead to find them.. Yet another thumbs up to the WUS members!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can go buy an inexpensive watch box with the pillows in it. I picked one up at Steinmart or TJ Maxx or somewhere like that. It holds 6 watches and was about $22.

I keep all my watches in watch boxes in a safe.

Chris
I actually wear this watch, plus its my only watch worth mentioning. If it takes more than 2 seconds to place the watch, then its too complicated for my needs. Those boxes are great for collections, but positioning my one watch on the pillows every day would get a little annoying. Thanks for the input anyway.

Michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a watch box for my girlfriend for xmas. I really bought it for me also but if you search for tech swiss on amazon.com they have tons of watch boxes in different sizes and shapes. I opened up the one I received and it looks very nice. It cost me about 40 bucks. They have an aluminum case that I almost bought but I really don't have that many watches that I want to put in there. Remember it is Christmas and the time to indulge!

Until you find something you might just sit your watch on a face towel or something like that. Just fold one up and sit it on your dresser. Works just like a watch mat and probably costs much much less.

Happy Holidays!!!
*edit*
Tech swiss was recommended in one of the other WUS forums and that was how I was lead to find them.. Yet another thumbs up to the WUS members!!!!
I think I'm just going to end up doing the towel thing. I just thought it would be nicer if there was something purpose made for lying the watch on.

Michael

·
Registered
815 Posts
I always put it on top of an old shoebox(hush puppies, my favourite brand of shoes), which is sitting on a shelf.

All my other watches also sit on top of the shoebox, so I am always afraid of knocking the shoebox off the shelf(which has no walls) and destroying my entire watch collection(maybe not the G-shock) simultaneously!

Adds a bit of psychological excitement to my life, I suppose. :-D

·
Registered
742 Posts
I got a little jewelry dresser stand with a drawer with a nice place with green padded felt on top to set some watches on. Thing was cheap at like $10 or so.

I am also getting a winder, really don't like to have to set the time on these when I want to switch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
right on the night table or desk.. come on now.
once you whack it a few times you wont even care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts