WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how you keep your watchtes for example when you own several watches ???

- In the original boxes ? ( seems not quite easy when you change every day )

- In a special wooden box ? ( wher can I buy such a box ? in Belgium ???)

- In a glass show-case ? ( Is this correct English ? :think: ) - seems VERY nice, but not so safe....

- Everywhere in the house ? :-d

Although Breitlings are quite expensive, I NEVER woult put them in a dark an dusty safe ....

I'd like to see some photo's please !

·
Registered
245 Posts
hehehhe mine sit on my desk under my main screen, in this pic you can see a citizen, casio, and speedy pro. The B-1 was on my wrist, and the longines and accurist are left of top of the main screen, you can see the white face of the longines.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, nice desk ! Are you a radio-amateur or just a computer freak ?;-)
And what's in the barrel ????:-d
( Are you from Scotland ? ;-) )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keep mine in a couple of watch boxes. One holds 8 the other 6.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
A dozen of them on watchwinders, the others scattered around (currently 2 on the desk I'm sitting at, another 2 on the printer behind me and a couple of the bedside table).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, nice desk ! Are you a radio-amateur or just a computer freak ?;-)
And what's in the barrel ????:-d
( Are you from Scotland ? ;-) )
Hehehheheheh, the desk is a mess, and you only see part of it, I am a computer freak I guess (its my job too), plus I do a bit of internet radio for my sins.:)

I will try to get a pic of the full desk so you can see the total mess. not sure if my wide angle is wide enough ;-)

In the barrel is some Grants Scotch whisky, and I am from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Not too far from Scotland (1 Hour on ferry)

The wall behind me is almost as bad :/

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Trusty old "dark an dusty" safe :)

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Of all the places to buy something, I bought a very nice cherry wood watch display box from SkyMall magazine. It holds 24 watches, almost full, with a clear top. Beautifully finished with a "pillow" for each watch. $69.00.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Of all the places to buy something, I bought a very nice cherry wood watch display box from SkyMall magazine. It holds 24 watches, almost full, with a clear top. Beautifully finished with a "pillow" for each watch. $69.00.
Now, THAT, I'm intrested in... can I see a pic please ? Or a link !

To all the other : many thanks, I hope this wil be a very long and intresting topic !
At the moment, I have nothing....only the boxes from the shop.
But I would buy a wood watch box ( with glass top ) or otherwile a glass showcase apprpx 150 cm high and 43 x 43 cm. ( Can be seen at the IKEA-site :-d )
See an example here:

http://www.horlogeforum.nl/read.php?2,23075,23123#msg-23123

In fact I prefer the first solution: a nice wood watch box, preferably in walnut-wood.b-)

Or maybe a winder like this:

http://www.horlogeforum.nl/read.php?2,23075,23175#msg-23175

On the ohter hand: are all winders suited for all watches ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Unfortunately this is the best picture I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
As a temporary solution for when I'm at home, I bought a very inexpensive, 20 watch faux leatherette box with a clear top and a pillow for each watch. As it turns out, this was the cheapest way to get twenty pillows. I am also an avid woodworker, and my next project is to build as nice a box as I can make, utilizing the pillows. I am a fan of light-colored woods, so I will probably build the box out of some tiger or birdseye maple. I also have the idea to inlay into the top a diagram of an escapement or something. The inlay would be in ebony or walnut, or some other dark wood.

I am on the road several days a week, and I have converted a plastic and aluminum locking CD case into a watch case which can hold 6 watches easily, and probably more, slightly less easily. I like the CD case especially becuse, from the outside, there is no indication that it contains anything particularly valuable. The construction is also VERY strong, and I have lined the inside with convoluted ("Egg Crate") electronics foam, so the watches stay very safe.

I'll post some pics when the bix project gets started in earnest.

-Michael

1 - 15 of 15 Posts