WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a Sandoz Singapore Sub that needs a new bezel insert. I bought one on Ebay for a Rolex 16800 but its a tad too big on the outer diameter, which I think is 37.65 mm. Should I just sand it down on the outer diameter, if so any tips on how to accomplish that?

Or do I get a bezel insert for a Rolex 5512 which has a OD of 36.55mm?

I dont have a good way to measure the current bezel insert on my Sandoz Singapore.

Thanks!!!

|>|>|>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up sanding the one I had. I ended up having to glue it into place. We will see if it holds. You'll notice I put aftermarket mercededs hands on it too. I hate the chubby stock Sandoz hands.

IMG_20150507_205148599.jpg

·
Registered
2,230 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
These watches are out of production and were, I believe, manufactured for the Asian market primarily. Thus, they are quite rare in the west (or at least this is my impression. I saw LOTS of them in Korea when I lived there, though. Can't remember if it is a Korean label or a Singaporean one? Anyway, your best bet is to head over to the hom-age forum (remove the hyphen and type www. before it and .com/viewforum.php?f=25 after it) and start asking there as those gents mod a lot of watches and trade/sell parts. At the very least they'll be able to give you a better idea of where to source a bezel that will fit (I'm guessing that there are some Chinese case manufacturers that make a bezel that will fit).

Tried the other forum with no luck. at this point I would buy the whole bezel...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,

I ordered a "clark" bezel insert. It doesnt like that one either!!!

So I just ordered and Alpha watch submariner bezel insert. I think it needs the ones that are flush, not concave.

We will see!! I am $50 into bezel inserts!!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Guys,

I ordered a "clark" bezel insert. It doesnt like that one either!!!

So I just ordered and Alpha watch submariner bezel insert. I think it needs the ones that are flush, not concave.

We will see!! I am $50 into bezel inserts!!!
there is a LOT of knowledge in the Best Submariner Homage thread in the affordable watches forum of Watchuseek. Those guys know their submariners. It is literally the first place I would recommend to anyone, including my own mother, for submariner homage information. Ask there and you may be pleasantly surprised. If not they should be able to put you onto a nice homage or two. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts