WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is it better to purchase an 007 – Amazon or Creation?

Amazon or Creationwatches: Where will it better be?
I’m asking regarding service; who will handle better a crisis if something will go wrong?
:think:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Where is it better to purchase an 007 – Amazon or Creation?

Thanks, but is'nt his price a bit high? I can remember 20$ less on amazon or at creation.

If seller is the Amazon i would go for it.
Thank you; how can one know if the seller is amazon or some one else...?

·
Registered
400 Posts

I think if you purchase from Island you get a warranty. I am not sure if you do if you purchase from Amazon. It usually says on the Amazon page if you do. I don't know about creation watches but my guess is that if you are in the US there is no warranty. It's your call whether it is worth paying a little more for a warranty.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Thanks, but is'nt his price a bit high? I can remember 20$ less on amazon or at creation.

Thank you; how can one know if the seller is amazon or some one else...?
You are welcome, the price is about $20 more, but its coming from a dedicated seller who in my experience will be able to "handle a crisis if something goes wrong". Buying from Amazon is like buying from a gumball machine, sure you could have easy return but do you think anyone handling your new precious knows anything about watches? As far as Creation goes, I have no experience with them and I see you posted on a thread recently where the buyer was complaining about their service, also that thread has mixed reviews.

·
Registered
550 Posts

From what I understand, Amazon's watch department is actually pretty knowledgable. They also have great customer service overall, and are a Seiko AD (or are authroized to offer the full, 3-year factory Seiko warranty, rather than an Amazon-specific warranty). That said, as of this moment, Amazon itself is not selling any 007; just third-parties selling through Amazon.com

·
Registered
313 Posts

From my research very few Seiko watches available on Amazon are sold by Amazon, not sure why. It seemed to me that 95% of the Seiko watches I looked up on Amazon were sold through 3rd party vendors. Still, a third party vendor through Amazon is probably better than most vendors.

I bought an 009 from creationwatches a couple days ago based on several members' recommendations.

However, I usually like purchasing on Amazon from Amazon if possible.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

I dont think amazon is an official AD of seiko. Most seiko watches going through amazon is gray market. Though if says it is explicitly fulfilled by amazon you stand better at returning it. But down the line your warranty will be with the actual seller if they have one. And even if they do they might suck and just try to wait you out.

Longisland is really reputable here. But for this watch id just go with whatever is cheapest

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts

Be careful -- Fulfilled by Amazon definitely means it is a third-party seller, not Amazon. If you want Amazon and a Seiko warranty, you want it to be Sold by Amazon.

That said, LongIslandWatches itself is on Amazon as a third party, but they don't use Fulfilled by Amazon.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

Be careful -- Fulfilled by Amazon definitely means it is a third-party seller, not Amazon. If you want Amazon and a Seiko warranty, you want it to be Sold by Amazon.
Does anyone have a "Sold by Amazon" signed Seiko warranty card?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts