WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know more about the prices of certain brands of preowned watches such as omega,rolex,panerai. How much should I pay for them, and how much I can sell for them. :think:

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Go to eBay and check "Completed Listings" for the brand and model you're interested in. The prices shown in green are the actual prices the item sold for. The prices shown in red are what the seller asked for and didn't get.

·
Moderator at Large
53,068 Posts
Get the result lists of auction houses, look at ebay as ulackfocus already suggested, check www.chrono24.com, check books (in Euro - "Uhrenpreisführer Salm")....

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,036 Posts
Go to eBay and check "Completed Listings" for the brand and model you're interested in. The prices shown in green are the actual prices the item sold for. The prices shown in red are what the seller asked for and didn't get.
+1 Ebay has many more watches for sale than any of the forums. Actual prices received are an excellent indicator of the current value for a watch.

The watch sales forums can provide useful information, however there is usually no indication if the watch sold and more importantly what it sold for. We all know that a lot of email dickering goes on. That limits their usefulness for esablishing an accurate value.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i have been lurking in the sales forum , addicting it is ! by the way a question, i noticed some expensive watches retail at ($ XXXX ) price and they are selling at half of the $XXXX price. I am amazed how quick a few months watch can depreciate in price by so much ? I know almost all of the sellers never brought the watch at $XXXX price as stated, but could they have brought the watches NEW at half the $XXXX price then ?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
i have been lurking in the sales forum , addicting it is ! by the way a question, i noticed some expensive watches retail at ($ XXXX ) price and they are selling at half of the $XXXX price. I am amazed how quick a few months watch can depreciate in price by so much ? I know almost all of the sellers never brought the watch at $XXXX price as stated, but could they have brought the watches NEW at half the $XXXX price then ?
Anything is possible regarding what price the original seller actually obtained the watch for. But keep in mind - if a watch deal sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Think of watch depreciation the same way as car depreciation. Then its not so surprising :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts