WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm looking for a recommendation for a watchmaker where I can authenticate a previously owned Omega and Rolex in the San Francisco Bay area (the city preferably).

Anyone have a good experience with a particular shop?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Omega would be Tourbillon. I go there all the time and they are great
Thanks for the tip - I've seen it in Westfield mall, always looked a little formal walking by. Good to know they can authenticate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
They check it on the spot and don't charge anything. They also shorten or lengthen the bracelet (provided you have the links) free of charge. They are not in the Westfield Mall, they are on Post street

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They check it on the spot and don't charge anything. They also shorten or lengthen the bracelet (provided you have the links) free of charge. They are not in the Westfield Mall, they are on Post street
Thanks man - I got confused with Tourneau in the mall.

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,508 Posts
I second Tourbillon. I find them very friendly. The Tourneau chaps now carry Omega again and they would also do it happily although their Rolex peeps on Market St sometimes give me a bit of attitude despite being a two-time customer. Must be the air those watches ship with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I second Tourbillon. I find them very friendly. The Tourneau chaps now carry Omega again and they would also do it happily although their Rolex peeps on Market St sometimes give me a bit of attitude despite being a two-time customer. Must be the air those watches ship with

Just spoke to Tourbillon on the phone - they won't open up the watch to authenticate the movement, only a visual inspection. They said they don't have the tools. They suggested that if I want to authenticate the 1861 movement to send it in to Omega or to have a small independent watch maker take a look at it.

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
^^^^

Lots of great indy watchmakers in the SF area, or contact Omega directly for guidance.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Just spoke to Tourbillon on the phone - they won't open up the watch to authenticate the movement, only a visual inspection. They said they don't have the tools. They suggested that if I want to authenticate the 1861 movement to send it in to Omega or to have a small independent watch maker take a look at it.
An 1861 movement watch will be easy to authenticate visually... even we can do it if you post pics. Rolex is a little more difficult-- the caseback will likely have to be opened up

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,508 Posts
There are several good Omega watch repair places across the street in 210 Post that may be able to help. I use Pacific Watch and United Watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts