WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy my first TAG (Aquaracer). Should I get it at an AD or save $450 and go with someone like Joma, or Amaz....?
Dave
Pittsburgh

·
Registered
253 Posts
For what it's worth I had a terrible experience with Jomashop, one which 3 months later still hasn't been resolved.

I'll spare you the details (currently American Express is investigating the situation) but needless to say the money I'm out is way more than the 'savings' I would have gotten over an AD (the watch purchased was not a TAG by the way).

I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers and plenty of people that will tell you that the savings is worth the lack of a manufacture's warranty but, in my case, I will never, ever do business with them again nor will I recommend them to anyone I know.

Jacob

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Jama does not look good with the BBB, there are a lot better ones IMO. I would not go to an AD for Tag again IMO.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
All my watches were purchased from an AD (except for the Aerospace which was a gift), and purchased below retail price. Well worth it if you can find, and establish a relationship with, a dependable AD.

mike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got 20% off retail buying from an AD. A further 10% off because i travel oversea and under the Tourist Refund Scheme i got a 10% rebate. so total 30% off from the retail price. I dun think other non-AD could offer better deal. But that's only happen in Australia tho.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am looking to buy my first TAG (Aquaracer). Should I get it at an AD or save $450 and go with someone like Joma, or Amaz....?
Dave
Pittsburgh
I'm pretty new on here and I'm not sure if we're allowed to "promote" any of the preowned online dealers, but I HIGHLY recommend Bernardwatch.com. I feel as safe buying from them as an AD; actually more. They are watch enthusiasts who really know their stuff and I've always had a great experience with them. Rather than deal with the overly made-up woman from Carlyle & Co. who knows about as much about a quality watch as she does about football, I'd give them a try. They typically carry a lot of Tags and I've seen a lot of Aquaracers on their site. You won't get ripped off. In my opinion, they are the best.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ad---ad---ad---ad

·
Registered
400 Posts
For a new watch, I'd always go with an AD. To me the potential savings aren't worth the risk. A pre-owned watch is another matter; but you need to have confidence in your dealer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
AD normally give 20% discount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a new diamond aquaracer ladies mid size for my wife at Christmas. All AD's were offering 15-20% off. I got one down to 25% off and made the purchase.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
if you ever need it serviced, you should buy from an ad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts