WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Orient makes a Japan only high-end series (Orient star? cannot remember the name). Would someone either post or pm me with the appropriate place to purchase a high end Orient. The power reserve feature is too cool not to own at least one...

Thanks!

Zach

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
If there is a particular model you are interested in you could send an inquery to either Seiya Japan or Higuchi Japan and they can give you quotes. Also, there is a seller on eBay that sells Orient Stars $300-500 USD. Also, you can get the power reserve on cheaper models, my PR Orient was $99....

·
Registered
538 Posts
You could check out the models at Orient Japan's website. The Royal Orient, Orient Star Royal and Orient Star have some of the most beautifully crafted watches. Their in-house movements are also very reliable.

V

·
0 Posts
If you're stateside, try the bay. There're quite a few sellers stocking Orient stars, Orient Star Royal lines. You'll have to pay retail or close to retail for many models though. Ujiie-san on the bay has some on the best prices on a few models.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hmmmm Nick. b-) Now that's a nice gold SS automatic watch! What makes the difference between an Orient with power reserve, and an Orient Star, with or without Power reserve?

They both have 21,600 bph? 316L steel? Made strictly in their home plant in Japan?

V

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm Nick. b-) Now that's a nice gold SS automatic watch! What makes the difference between an Orient with power reserve, and an Orient Star, with or without Power reserve?

They both have 21,600 bph? 316L steel? Made strictly in their home plant in Japan?
Much of the Orient line, Star or not, have a power reserve complication. Essentially, many of the Stars have the same base movement (21600 bph, auto non hacking, non handwinding, +25/-15 s p/d specs) as the cheaper Orient and Orient Kingmaster line.

Where they differ is the quality of finishing, dial and case work, sapphire crystals and better bracelet/strap usually.

A few of the newer Stars are hacking.

Orient Stars and above are built entirely in Japan. Orient have overseas plants for the lower end models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas - I will start searching. What is the linuep in terms of quality from Orient? Standard ORient, Orient star, .....then I am lost.

Thanks again,

Zach

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I believe the cheapest PR Orient I usually see, run at less than $100. Mine is a step above those as it retailed for $170 at Long Island watch but because it was a return, he was selling it for $99. Very well made with a pretty decent bracelet. The dial is beautiful and has a nice weight to it.

V

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the ideas - I will start searching. What is the linuep in terms of quality from Orient? Standard ORient, Orient star, .....then I am lost.

Thanks again,

Zach
Orient, Orient Kingmaster, Orient Star, Orient Star Royal, Royal Orient.

There are some older Orient 3-Star watches around. These are NOT Orient Star quality. Closer to normal Orient watches.

Star Royal/Royal Orient lines are hand winding/hacking autos spec-ed to +10/-5 and +6/-4 s p/d respectively. Very well finished.

Orient also has a few models, that afaik, are the only affordable (under $1k) mechanical world time watches I know of.

Orients are usually over-finished/have better dial/case/crystal materials than its competitors at the same price point.

Good luck in the chase!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I really like that model.
Would want the one with the blue dial b-).
Does anybody know if that has a screw-in crown?

Cheers,

Daddel.

V

·
0 Posts
Afaik, no screw-in crown, but the bezel is rotatable on the current model. The picture I posted is of the previous model, which I own. Slight changes in the dial, markers and rotor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts