WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on WUS, but I have been reading for a couple of years now. I am looking for some nice leather straps to compliment a Seiko SCVE007 that I'll be receiving in the mail this week. Aside from Crown and Buckle and Worn and Wound, where can I find quality straps, preferably USA made?

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Check Fluco shell cordovan brown straps on Ebay. It'll do wonders to this particular Seiko with the thinness, color, and lack of stretch marks. Made in Germany though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One of the WUS members, Riker, might be able to help you with that. He supposedly makes some insanely comfortable and high quality straps. Not USA made, if I'm not mistaken, but artisan work nonetheless. There's a thread in the Steinhart forum dedicated to his work.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
thewatchprince
strappedfortime
strapcode
panatime
natostrapsco = btw, i think an olive, black, orange would be spot on with that seconds inner dial.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input! I really like the selection at Natostrapsco, I'm definitely going to get a nylon strap to switch with a leather. The Fluco straps on ebay look great too. I guess I don't mind if it isn't American, but you know, just trying to support 'merica.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Holbens Fine Watch Bands (wide selection, great service)
Freda Watch Straps
BandRbands (awesome vintage rally straps)
Hirsch
Di-Modell
Colareb straps are amazing (buy from Holbens)
Panatime
CheapestNatoStraps and NatoStrapCo and AgueTradingCompany for Natos
Drunk Art Straps (canvas)
More affordable - Cloverstraps, Martu straps

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wound up buying a few straps for some watches from Holben's. Here is what I ended up with for my Seiko. It's a brown Hadley-Roma. Not American, but I liked the look of it and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price I paid. The watch was $220, so spending $100+ didn't seem appropriate.

11889991_10154169558499196_2948125302547976772_o.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
for me, and i have tried a few straps, Aaron Pimental at combat.straps.com is be the best. not the cheapest, but IMHO the best value. check the gallery on his web site. based in Canada.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have gotten 3 straps from Patrik at Cloverstraps, crazy comfortable and I like the customized feel too. Not crazy expensive either at 50-70$

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post and just thought I'd introduce myself.
I work in an industry where I see some amazing high end luxury watches daily and can only dream of ever owning most of them. My boss has a collection of twelve Panerais on display on his desk and wears a rose gold one..
I have a leatherwork background and recently was asked if I could make a leather strap for a solid gold Ebel. I really enjoyed doing it and since then I have made three Ebel straps so I though I'd share the last one with you. All my straps are handmade and handstiched.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
That watch is aweomse!!! What kind of Seiko is it? Vintage?

Wound up buying a few straps for some watches from Holben's. Here is what I ended up with for my Seiko. It's a brown Hadley-Roma. Not American, but I liked the look of it and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price I paid. The watch was $220, so spending $100+ didn't seem appropriate.

View attachment 5152354

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
WOW, you're boss has 12 Panera's on his desk.....He appears to be wealthy but with all that bling on display I have to ask.....Is that all he is?

On the other hand your Ebel strap is good.....keep practicing then make a strap for the boss's Panera in some exotic leather about 4-5 mm thick.

Hello everyone, this is my first post and just thought I'd introduce myself.
I work in an industry where I see some amazing high end luxury watches daily and can only dream of ever owning most of them. My boss has a collection of twelve Panerais on display on his desk and wears a rose gold one..
I have a leatherwork background and recently was asked if I could make a leather strap for a solid gold Ebel. I really enjoyed doing it and since then I have made three Ebel straps so I though I'd share the last one with you. All my straps are handmade and handstiched.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts