WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was at a couple stores in Japan this week that had these in stock. They were about 90,000 yen (US$700 and change). I would wait until the mainstream sellers get some stock.

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a seller called Maestro Watches out of Malaysia is selling it on Ebay for $500. Too good to be true??

I was at a couple stores in Japan this week that had these in stock. They were about 90,000 yen (US$700 and change). I would wait until the mainstream sellers get some stock.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ming-Tzu... could you show some pics. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
In Europe is available at seriouswatches for 375 euros.
Note that SeriousWatches' prices include 21% VAT by default. If you are in a non-VAT country, then the price will be 310 euros from them. That price also includes very fast shipping via UPS or FedEx to various worldwide countries. For the U.S., it's about 2-3 business days (not counting for customs delays).

So with current exchange rates, that works out to ~$350 U.S. Dollars shipped (plus applicable import duties and taxes; if you don't know what those are, research them before ordering). That's pretty close to the same price as the previous Constellation model at its lowest point (lowest I ever saw was $330).

Note that their checkout process should automatically deduct the VAT from the price when you specify a non-VAT country as the shipping destination, but it does not always work correctly. What ended up working for me was creating a user account and signing in first. After I signed in, all prices on the site automatically adjusted to remove the VAT. Their customer support was very quick to help me with this.

- AltF4

·
Registered
134 Posts
So is the VAT same as custom duty? I am in the US, if I order from them will I be charged with 21% custom duty when I receive it? What is the custom duty rate in the US if you buy things like watches from a European website? Just curious.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Note that SeriousWatches' prices include 21% VAT by default. If you are in a non-VAT country, then the price will be 310 euros from them. That price also includes very fast shipping via UPS or FedEx to various worldwide countries. For the U.S., it's about 2-3 business days (not counting for customs delays).

So with current exchange rates, that works out to ~$350 U.S. Dollars shipped (plus applicable import duties and taxes; if you don't know what those are, research them before ordering). That's pretty close to the same price as the previous Constellation model at its lowest point (lowest I ever saw was $330).

Note that their checkout process should automatically deduct the VAT from the price when you specify a non-VAT country as the shipping destination, but it does not always work correctly. What ended up working for me was creating a user account and signing in first. After I signed in, all prices on the site automatically adjusted to remove the VAT. Their customer support was very quick to help me with this.

- AltF4
Thanks for a good tips. I subscribed and yes, the price is adjusted to 310 euro. great!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
So is the VAT same as custom duty? I am in the US, if I order from them will I be charged with 21% custom duty when I receive it? What is the custom duty rate in the US if you buy things like watches from a European website? Just curious.
VAT is "Value Added Tax" which is the European equivalent of a sales tax. VAT has nothing to do with customs duties. Within the European Union, EU countries will collect VAT on anything being sold and sent to a customer in another EU country. Unlike the USA where sales taxes are added to the total at time of sale, the advertised prices shown includes the VAT. That's been standard practice in Europe for decades. If you ever order anything from Amazon UK, Germany or France, you'll encounter this. Same applies to the Japanese storefronts found on Global Rakuten and sites like Amazon Japan. Their VAT is also included in the price. If it's being shipped to a customer in the US (or Canada), the VAT is subtracted.

Typically you wouldn't get hit with any Customs Duty for a watch under $400 declared value. I have yet to get assessed duty on anything I've ordered from overseas, which includes numerous watches in the $400-$500 purchase price range. One way to get into trouble with U.S. Customs though is to have the shipper declare it as something else, or to grossly under-value it, or to declare it a "gift" when it's actually a purchase. They do not take kindly to lying on a customs declaration, which will be a special label affixed to the box it's shipped in alongside the address label. That can result in the contents being seized, and at that point you're in Customs Hell as they can refuse to send it to anyone, you (the recipient) or the shipper. The customs declaration will state the exact box contents, whether or not it's a gift, and its value. Again, I've never had any problems or customs duties assessed. Even if there were duties, provided there are no precious gems (movement jewels and sapphire crystals are NOT precious gems) or precious metals such as gold, silver, or platinum, it would be nowhere near 21%, but less than half that. In the event you are ever assessed customs duties, you are responsible for it.

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
If they had these on a bracelet like its predecessor, I'd be buying one. Just pulled the trigger on its white dialed predecessor which has high gloss silver hands and a similar (but not identical) intricate dial pattern, with stainless steel SEL bracelet with solid links. Having seen them "in the flesh," these really are beautiful. It's always been a bit of a wonder to me why these GMTs are not in the Orient Star line as they have all the characteristics and features one would find in an Orient Star, including sapphire crystal (I have an Orient Star Seeker GMT and it is also very nice).

John

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry. Just randomly came back to this thread and saw that you requested pics three weeks ago. Did you still need pictures?

Is there an option on these forums to receive a notification when a user is quoted? I don't want to have to subscribe to every thread I am interested in lol

Thanks for a good tips. I subscribed and yes, the price is adjusted to 310 euro. great!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts