WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy my first G-shock. I am leaning towards the solar powered watches as I don't want to be bothered replacing batteries. Where does anyone recommend buying from? I am okay with used as long as it is in great condition. This would be my weekend and gym watch so not looking to break the bank. Since I am new to this and do not have a collection I can't appreciate rarity of models at this time. Sounds like there are fakes out there so that is a concern of mine. Just want something with some style and durability. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
mark

·
Registered
36,280 Posts
Amazon is safe from fakes (unlike eBay) and competitively priced generally.

4 solar/atomics to get you started...Square is a fancy version of the classic 5600, a GWX-5600 that also has moon phase and tides, search Amazon for the GW-5610 for the basic solar/atomic square. Next is the robust GW-2310, cheap and tough. The white is a GW-M850 (also available black) for small wrists. Last is not a G-Shock, but the STW-1000 is an athletes watch available thru Amazon from Japan in at least 5 colors. Have fun researching!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Where does anyone recommend buying from?
Since this is an international forum, my counterquestion to "where to buy?" here is always "well, where do you live?" :)

Between your name, writing style and spelling, you "sound" like you're from the US or Canada, which makes both Amazon and brick-and-mortar stores relatively safe places to shop for G-Shocks.

On the other hand, I've gamed with some Scandinavian people who write colloquial English ridiculously well, or you could be a North American living abroad. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts