WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Affordables
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi WUS!

I've been tinkering with some watches as of lately, mostly changing/adding bezel inserts on cheap quartz watches that weren't designed for it in the first place.

E.g. from those:

To these:

Now, I have been drooling on the Seiko Speedtimer aka Pogue for months but can't resolve to throw the $1,000 for a correct one, and I have this Poor Man's Speedtimer project based on a Seiko/Alba lookalike w. orange dial.

The base watch is coming from Japan, it doesn't have any insert originally, but the seller was kind enough to give me the bezel dimensions which are compatible with the many Sub aluminum inserts available everywhere (38mm x 30.5mm).

The thing is, if you know the Pogue it has a one-of-a-kind insert type: a tachymeter scale mostly blue except for red running from 12' to 3'

So where can one source a custom print based on an existing (available everywhere / super cheap) 38 x 30.5 mm aluminum insert hardware?

TIA!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi WUS!

I've been tinkering with some watches as of lately, mostly changing/adding bezel inserts on cheap quartz watches that weren't designed for it in the first place.

E.g. from those:

To these:

Now, I have been drooling on the Seiko Speedtimer aka Pogue for months but can't resolve to throw the $1,000 for a correct one, and I have this Poor Man's Speedtimer project based on a Seiko/Alba lookalike w. orange dial.

The base watch is coming from Japan, it doesn't have any insert originally, but the seller was kind enough to give me the bezel dimensions which are compatible with the many Sub aluminum inserts available everywhere (38mm x 30.5mm).

The thing is, if you know the Pogue it has a one-of-a-kind insert type: a tachymeter scale mostly blue except for red running from 12' to 3'

So where can one source a custom print based on an existing (available everywhere / super cheap) 38 x 30.5 mm aluminum insert hardware?

TIA!
Where did you find the square cases?

Love the br look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts