WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I recently purchased a Speedmaster from my local AD. They only had one left in stock, and the box was missing the black watch "pillow." Since the watch was loose in the box with no "pillow," I did get a decent discount, but I would really like to find an authentic replacement. Does anyone know where to look? Internet searches on common secondhand sale sites turned up empty.

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have a boutique in my state; the AD I bought from is the only one I know of in my state. I've been trying to get through to Omega customer service on the phone, but I was on hold for an hour yesterday before giving up, and so far I've been on hold for 20 minutes today.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Try calling back the AD. Maybe by chance they found it or can give you a ring if they "obtain" another one. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try calling back the AD. Maybe by chance they found it or can give you a ring if they "obtain" another one. It's worth a shot.
I asked when I bought it if they could look for one in a different store, but they said the watch I had was one of 3 left in their network, and they wouldn’t be able to help me.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Hello all!

I recently purchased a Speedmaster from my local AD. They only had one left in stock, and the box was missing the black watch "pillow." Since the watch was loose in the box with no "pillow," I did get a decent discount, but I would really like to find an authentic replacement. Does anyone know where to look? Internet searches on common secondhand sale sites turned up empty.

Thanks!
Google the closest OMEGA Boutique (or any OMEGA Boutique) and ask them if they can provide you with the pillow you're looking for. Explain the situation to them and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

Always contact the OMEGA Boutique first. Even if they aren't "local" to you. Give them a chance to help you. Look at it from their perspective...This is an easy and inexpensive way to try to win your business or keep an existing customer happy. Don't make things more difficult than they need to be.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your Speedmaster!

René

Reactions: masbret and NMGE17

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
I agree. Even contacting an Omega store outside of your state might be worth the effort, IMHO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Google the closest OMEGA Boutique (or any OMEGA Boutique) and ask them if they can provide you with the pillow you're looking for. Explain the situation to them and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

Always contact the OMEGA Boutique first. Even if they aren't "local" to you. Give them a chance to help you. Look at it from their perspective...This is an easy and inexpensive way to try to win your business or keep an existing customer happy. Don't make things more difficult than they need to be.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your Speedmaster!

René
So I contacted the nearest Omega Boutique as well as one in a different state that I had good experience ordering from in the past. Both stores said they don't carry extra pillows and couldn't help me out. I asked if they thought I could get one directly from Omega's service center, and they said they didn't know, and I'd have to call myself. I must say, this is the very first time I had a negative experience with an OB. I understand they don't just have these things laying around, but it would have been nice for them to help me get in contact with the right person at the service center!

Anyway, I contacted the general customer service from the AD that I bought it from (they are a large chain). They said they can't make any guarantees, but are going to escalate my issue to see if they can just replace my whole box.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
So I contacted the nearest Omega Boutique as well as one in a different state that I had good experience ordering from in the past. Both stores said they don't carry extra pillows and couldn't help me out. I asked if they thought I could get one directly from Omega's service center, and they said they didn't know, and I'd have to call myself. I must say, this is the very first time I had a negative experience with an OB. I understand they don't just have these things laying around, but it would have been nice for them to help me get in contact with the right person at the service center!

Anyway, I contacted the general customer service from the AD that I bought it from (they are a large chain). They said they can't make any guarantees, but are going to escalate my issue to see if they can just replace my whole box.

Thanks for the help!
That would be great if they'd send you a new box!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Thanks for the help!
That's very disappointing to hear. You're right, I would have thought they'd at least try to be a little more helpful.

Can you post a picture here of the pillow you're after?

René

1 - 14 of 14 Posts