WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. Please tell me know is G-Shock is another in a long list of my PITA hobbies, where every cigar, gun, radio, etc., that I finally decide to get, is either discontinued, collectible, or only available in a remote village off the coast of nowhere.

d2mac was nice enough to suggest a mode of G-Shock and as it turns out, I liked it! I like the 3000 series in general, but the 3000M, orange, is the one I really like. Not so much the band, but I like watch.

Any idea where I can get one without skipping a car payment?

No local Macy's even carry the analog models, they carry only digital G-shocks :-|

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I don't know if they have these where you live, but when I was G shopping for my birthday I came across two in the Dallas Galleria. The stores I saw them in were Fast Fix Jewelry Repair (sounds strange, but they're an authorized casio dealer also and this one in Dallas had a ton of great Gs!) and Torneau. And, If the orange turns you off, have you seen the black and yellow GW3500? It's really sharp in person. Black bezel and band with yellow lettering and markings on the face. It's the first Analog G shock that I've ever even considered wanting.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about the yellow, which is why I baught one from a forum member here about 30 minutes ago.

The 3000M I'm talking about has an orange strap, but it's not the same orange and black Aviation face. It has various blue text and one blue hand on the face as well. It really stands out.

I'll keep chasing that one...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Yeah, I like that one too. If you have a Torneau at a mall near you, it might be worth a stop by. I know I saw the GW3000 there as well as the GW3500.

·
Registered
774 Posts
We're really lucky here to have a Mom-and-Pop authorized G-Shock Dealer in our local mall in Florida, they sell a lot of nice Swiss automatics too but the owner is a Casio nerd so they have a huge selection. They had these for $349 in the above-pictured colors when I was there this weekend. That would be skipping a car payment for me as you put it, don't know what your car payment is though :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is my favorite G I own. I hope you find it. I bought mine from Japan and got the last one the seller had and they said they weren't getting anymore. I paid $340. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
This one

I have the 3000BB and would also like the 3000M, although it appears to have been discontinued...

Q-6

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, I "might" have picked one up for less...just not sure yet. long story, but ioffer contacted me telling me to terminate my payment with one of their sellers. Paypal was handling the dispute, and I then found a 3000B and grabbed that, for a lot more $$$ I might add. However, the seller of the orange 3000M has responded to Paypal with an EMS tracking #, so that might show up afterall. And a I grabbed a 3500 from a forum member. So, as it turns out, I might end up with three 3000 series watches. What a mess...I think????

If I do get the orange, i'm going to sawp the blue band from the 3000B on to the orange 3000M. I don't care for the orange band and blue might look real nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even EBAY is not listing that model any longer.

The lesson learned is if you like a certain G-Shock buy it when you can.
I'm really get tired of that MO with each "hobbie". Get it now, or it's discontinued. Just have to live with it I guess. And that's why I jumped on that ioffer sale. Right after I paid, ioffer sent me an email saying the seller was a fraud. I jumped through hoops with my Visa and Paypal, and now the tracking # says something is coming from Japan...should be interesting.... It should be the 3000M for $195 shipped. I just won't know until later this week. I paid $150 more for my 3000B and they're the same watch!!!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
If I do get the orange, i'm going to sawp the blue band from the 3000B on to the orange 3000M. I don't care for the orange band and blue might look real nice.

Terrific looking watch, the 3000M. The dial is interesting and colorful enough w/o the orange rubber. I think blue or black rubber would look real nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ agree with Sean on the other straps being optional. I in particularly like the orange strap and that really drew me to it
I think you disagree with Sean, but i could be wrong.

I like the orange and thought wearing during the Flyers game would be especially fun. But aside from the color being a bit "loud" for me, reviews are saying that it gets and stays dirty pretty qiuck. Depends on your purpose for the watch I guess.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I don't think the orange strap looks bad at all...I think it looks great. But on my wrist it's too much orange, not comfortable with it...but the colorful bits on the dial blow me away. One of the best looking G-Shocks I've seen--solar, atomic, tough.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think the orange strap looks bad at all...I think it looks great. But on my wrist it's too much orange, not comfortable with it...but the colorful bits on the dial blow me away. One of the best looking G-Shocks I've seen--solar, atomic, tough.
Agreed. If I had gotten that one first, I probably wouldn't have gotten the 3000B. But to be honest, the 3000B grew on me fast and I really like the blue band. I'm also not crazy about the silver in the case of the 3000M, but I have to see it in person first. Hopefully tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts