WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a beater and came across one I like. It is a Guess and is ID # W13530G2

Amazon has 1 new but it is priced at $212 plus shipping. That seems a bit high considering how low Guess watches like this seem to go for on ebay (half that price) so I am looking for another source. I have searched google and the Guess website for that serial number but nothing.

How would I go about finding more of them?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, seriously? You don't see the same layout with the subdials, man, I'd even venture to say I'd bet the movement in that Guess watch was made by Seiko.....

I guess to the average person (including me) they would look similar but there are some slight differences.

Callanen used to make the watches but now a group called Sequel watch company does. They are both subsidiaries of Timex, from what I know.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I guess to the average person (including me) they would look similar but there are some slight differences.

Callanen used to make the watches but now a group called Sequel watch company does. They are both subsidiaries of Timex, from what I know.
hehe, yes, there are, of course, differences. No date window in the Guess for one, and of course, my Seiko is goldtone:) But I just thought I'd post it up, to give you another option if you can't find the Guess. I'm sure Seiko, or another watch company makes a similar looking watch. Unless, of course, you are dead set on the Guess brand.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe, yes, there are, of course, differences. No date window in the Guess for one, and of course, my Seiko is goldtone:) But I just thought I'd post it up, to give you another option if you can't find the Guess. I'm sure Seiko, or another watch company makes a similar looking watch. Unless, of course, you are dead set on the Guess brand.

I'm definitely not dead set on Guess, I just like the combination of brown band, white face, chronograph, and blue hands. It's just the only one I had found like that. Suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm definitely not dead set on Guess, I just like the combination of brown band, white face, chronograph, and blue hands. It's just the only one I had found like that. Suggestions welcome!
might I suggest an Orient? I've taken the liberty of posting a few pics from OrientwatchUSA's website.

You can put whatever color band you want on these to personalize it. They are all under 250, and if you can find a 50% off coupon code, the price is waaay better;-)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those aren't too bad. The last one with the blue hands is alright but the hands look a bit feminine to me. Close... But no cigar! b-)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Those aren't too bad. The last one with the blue hands is alright but the hands look a bit feminine to me. Close... But no cigar! b-)
here's a Seiko, no blue hands, but white face and chronograph. it msrp's for about 595, but I've found it online for 350-375....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts