·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where i can get an orange mako? :thanks

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I got mine from eBay, and the seller I (and at least one other forum member) bought the watch from has one up for auction now. Because so many folks are interested in this watch, I won't include a link but will PM the seller's info to you on request.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ouch!

Note to Nick:
It is totally inappropriate to post a link to an auction that I started bidding on two days ago... :-x
:-d
Just kidding, there is bound to be some fighting when there's only one seller currently offering these things.

Cheers,

- Chad

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here is a reply I received from LIW when I asked about availability

Hi John - once Orient exports them to the US, I will get them.
Thanks,
Marc Frankel, Owner
www.longislandwatch.com

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Ouch!

Note to Nick:
It is totally inappropriate to post a link to an auction that I started bidding on two days ago... :-x
:-d
Just kidding, there is bound to be some fighting when there's only one seller currently offering these things.

Cheers,

- Chad
I know you're kidding, but you raise a very fair point. I've modified my post and deleted the link. Chad, I hope you can get a fair price on your Orange Mako, and post some photos when you do!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aw Nick don't even worry about it brother b-). I will bid what the watch is worth to me and others will bid what it's worth to them. Whoever wants it more, deserves it.. no worries. I wanted to get it from LI watches anyways, but I thought I would try and get something a bit quicker... been going through Mako withdrawl lately.
I found out that my sister buys my her husband's watches at a grocery store, plus his birthday is coming up, plus I wanted to make room for the new orange, so... I gave him my blue Mako. He hasn't stopped thanking me for it and says it is the nicest watch he has ever had. Sounds like we have another convert ;-)

- Chad

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Aw Nick don't even worry about it brother b-). I will bid what the watch is worth to me and others will bid what it's worth to them. Whoever wants it more, deserves it.. no worries. I wanted to get it from LI watches anyways, but I thought I would try and get something a bit quicker... been going through Mako withdrawl lately.
I found out that my sister buys my her husband's watches at a grocery store, plus his birthday is coming up, plus I wanted to make room for the new orange, so... I gave him my blue Mako. He hasn't stopped thanking me for it and says it is the nicest watch he has ever had. Sounds like we have another convert ;-)

- Chad
Thanks, and while it pains me to hear you'd give your Mako away, it does seem like you found a very good cause. You are a good man. Now let's just hope your good karma will pay off and Marc can get you an Orange Mako!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks Nick, my plan was to get each of my three brother in laws a Mako (in different colours) - I thought it could be something that we had in common, like a club. My wife is a little better with money than I am, and is not keen on spending that much money on gifts just so I can share my interests. She did however go for the "I really want an Orange, and I have no need for two models of the same watch so I may as well just give this old beat up one to John" approach... So far so good, but I do miss that blue...

- Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts