WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a VX-200 Chrono on a leather strap but I always wanted the bracelet. I later purchased a bracelet (actually from the same member by chance) but I had since given away the pins that came with the leather because I had some 23 mm spring bars that worked great and were easier to change. Well, the spring bars are too fat to fit through the very special bracelet and now I need some of the pins I had originally. Here is a picture of what the bracelet and lugs look like: the lugs are drilled and you're supposed to insert the pin from one side. They are basically wider at one end so you effectively jam them in the lug hole and that's how they stay. The problem is I don'y even know what to call these or where I might get a replacement set.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

484011d1312256776-fs-accutron-vx-200-chronograph-watches-4-10-11-148.jpg

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Oh man, I have a vx200 and never knew that the bracelet was attached with push pins, I'd never consider taking off that superb bracelet but that's another story, finding some pre-owned pins is going to be tough, I guess you'll have to start emailing Bulova, good luck...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like there are some online jewelry supply places (Esslinger etc...) that have friction/pressure pins but they're all too short. I estimate that I'll need 25 or even 26mm pins. Yikes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I own a VX200 Chrono & had to remove a couple of links. The links use a friction pin and sleeve combo which may be hard to duplicate, but I would think the end links are held into the lugs with spring bars. How else could you remove them?

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Call Bulova's service center.

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
I own a VX200 Chrono & had to remove a couple of links. The links use a friction pin and sleeve combo which may be hard to duplicate, but I would think the end links are held into the lugs with spring bars. How else could you remove them?
I just sold my VX200, but I removed the bracelet before. It's not held in by spring bars. It's a pin, no collar. I used a watch changing tool and hammered them out. It'll be tough to find 25mm pins. Might have to special order them from bulova.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
It looks like there are some online jewelry supply places (Esslinger etc...) that have friction/pressure pins but they're all too short.

Some of those supply houses carry long lengths of straight rod/pin stock, and the watchmaker can cut them to fit the particular watch, the trick is finding the right diameter so you get a tight fit.
You can use a small punch and deform the head so it won't slide out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took one of the other pins from a link in the bracelet that appears to fit in the lugs (but is too short and doesn't have the starred/crimped end obviously) and squeezed it with my calipers. It appears to be almost exactly 1 mm in diameter. So that's it, I need either a 26 mm x 1 mm pin, or a piece of 1 mm stock I can cut up.

The only other option I have encountered might be to find an extra long 1 mm cotter pin but that seems like a less than ideal solution to me.

I found an Authorized Bullova/Accutron dealer near me so hopefully they will have something I can use. Thanks to all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts