WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new in this forum. I am in search of a local entity to but a Seiko Marine Master (300m or 600m) or is it a futile effort. All leads and help appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm surprised at the prices. Is the MM 600 competitive in most aspect with Omega PO at almost in the same price range??

·
Registered
563 Posts
The MM 600 is one stout watch with a proven movement.

Some here would probably say better than the Omega.

There are many threads on the MM and probably even a few direct comparisons to the Omega.

A search followed by copious amounts of reading time may be in order.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Let me just say that Spring Drive Rules! After 2 1/2 years the MM600 still gets plenty of wrist time. Mine has kept at +1 second a year(yes a year). It is a true GMT and has so many fine details I never tire of. Both the MM300 and the MM600 come up from time to time on the sales corner, but given the massive shift in dollar to yen values most are thinking real hard before selling either.

If you want a higher end Seiko that you can buy from a US dealer look at the Seiko Ananta watches. Arizona Fine Time one of the sponsors here (check the banner in the upper left corner) can hook you up.

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
I own a Seiko MM300 which is my favorite Seiko Diver. I used to own a 600 Meter Spring Drive as well as a Grand Seiko GMT SBGE001 and prefer the MM300. I also own an Omega Seamaster as well as a Rolex Submariner and I think the MM300 is competitive with them. I buy my Seiko Japan market watches from Higuchi.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just sold My MM300, oh what a beautiful looking watch , I just did not have time to wear it , I know I will miss it in future.:-!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I presume it's okay to get it from Higuchi or seiya. How long did it take to arrive? Any special requirement to ship it to US? or they will take care of all that? Guaranteed?? Just concern due to the price.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I presume it's okay to get it from Higuchi or seiya. How long did it take to arrive? Any special requirement to ship it to US? or they will take care of all that? Guaranteed?? Just concern due to the price.
Yep, both are reputable through and through and Chino Watch as well. Have had about 9 transactions with Seiya-san and 5 with Chino; all flawless and shipping was fast.

They should take care of everything with regards to shipping; all you have to do is be at home to sign for the package or pick it up at the post office later.

Good luck, the MM300 or 600 are both amazing pieces.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yep, both are reputable through and through and Chino Watch as well. Have had about 9 transactions with Seiya-san and 5 with Chino; all flawless and shipping was fast.

They should take care of everything with regards to shipping; all you have to do is be at home to sign for the package or pick it up at the post office later.

Good luck, the MM300 or 600 are both amazing pieces.
I concur! I'm also here on the West Coast....all of the vendors above got me watches in absolute lightning speed. You can't go wrong with any of them. If I recall correctly on a few of my main orders: sumo=higuchi, marinemaster=seiya, tuna=Chino.....plus many other orders interspersed b/t the three. I do like the purchasing interface on seiya's and the Chino site though.

You only live once!!! Go For it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts