WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I was too late again on a private WUS sale of one, (usually the case when I find something I really like) ...So, I'm looking to find a Hamilton's Men's Khaki X-Wind watch #H77616133 to add to my collection. Where's is the best place to get one from?
Christopher

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Re: Where's the best place to buy a Hamilton's Men's Khaki X-Wind watch #H77616333

If you go to the Hamilton website, www.hamiltonwatch.com, you can find a listing of authorized dealers. There may be several near you in Florida.

That would be the first place to look, an AD. Check prices and customer service perks. In this economy, I would bet that AD's could give you a price as good as or better than a gray market dealer online. Plus you get the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty.

If the price seems high at a bricks-and-mortar AD, then Google the model to see who has it online. While Hamilton does not allow it's AD's to advertise prices other than MSRP, there are several AD's that sell via the internet and can quote you a price that is better than the one they advertise. Several actually price-match the lowest internet price you can find.

Good luck. They are very nice watches for the money. I own seven Hamiltons right now.:-!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called 3 different Hamilton AD's in Florida, and I got some dissapointing responses. They didn't have any in stock and two of them said that if the watch was not on their website, than they don't have it and won't get one in.
The price's online are in the mid $900 ranges, but I don't feel too comfortable with any of the site I come across so far...I was hoping to get a better deal. :roll:

·
Banned
661 Posts
timeparadise seems to sell a ton of X-Winds on the Bay, usually in the $500-600 range. I've never bought from them, but the feedback is pretty good, so if you're comfortable with gray market watches out of Singapore, the price is tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the "Amazon Purchase Gaurantee'? I always wondered how safe Amazon was as many stores sell through them. I've looked at Omega PO's on Amazon for $2,400 and since the price was pretty good, it made me a little wary?
Is it safer when it says that it's being sold by Amazon itself? Are they genuine?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe it's safer when it's being sold by Amazon themselves. I'd be wary though if it's a seller selling the watch through Amazon.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've checked the Bay and there are a couple of similar models listed, yet they are not valid model numbers per Hamilton website and customer service confirmation...but the photographs show the same X-Wind watch basically (Their are three different model version of the same watch depending on the strap, ie.. brown leather, rubber or ss bracelet)..the one on there has a black leather band and an invalid model number.
I'm discouraged by this obviously.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts