WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which aftermarket bracelet for Omega Globemaster?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Omega Seamaster Professional 300M
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Long time no post. I'm considering adding an aftermarket bracelet for my Omega Globemaster silver dial, ref 130.33.39.21.02.001. I'm not really a fan of the OEM bracelet, so I bought the option on leather instead. But I do love metal bracelets on watches, so I've been exploring aftermarket options for this Omega.

Here's mine on a black Perlon:
Brown Watch Analog watch Clock Wood

The contemporary Globemaster is an amalgamation of design cues from Constellations of the 50s (the pie-pan dial) and 60s (the C-shape case and fluted bezel), so I did some searching to see what style of bracelets Connies of those eras were sold with. It seems the 60s watches mostly featured brick-style bracelets, while the 50s watches had Beads of Rice or less ornate 9-link bracelets:

The Brick Bracelet (60s C-shape Connies):
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Beads of Rice with oval side-links (50s pie-pans):
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Silver

9-link bracelets
(50s Connies):
Watch Analog watch White Silver Everyday carry

If we want to maintain the same styling as the Globemaster's predecessors, there are a few options:

1. Strapcode Super Engineer I:
Watch Rectangle Silver Body jewelry Gesture

This mimics the brick bracelets of the 60s C-shape Connies, but with thicker links and more solid construction. The Globemaster's case is primarily brushed, with a polished bevel along the case flanks and the polished Tungsten bezel, so either the brushed or polished Super Engineers could work here. The 60's Connies seemed to have mostly brushed bracelets, to match their utilitarian aesthetic, but the Globemaster is a touch more elegant and refined. Being made of 316L steel with screwed links and a micro-adjust clasp is a big selling point here.

2. Strapcode Asteroid QR:
Body jewelry Rectangle Natural material Jewellery Ring

The Strapcode Asteroid QR mimics the less-ornate bracelets some 50s Connies came with, being similar in construction to a Beads of Rice without the rounded centre-links and with flatter, more geometric endlinks. Like the Super Engineer, being solid 316L with screwed links and a micro-adjust clasp makes this a good option. This is also one of the only bracelets in the list which tapers.

3. WatchGecko Classic Beads of Rice:
Watch Rectangle Gesture Silver Clock

Lots of brands seem to make this style of bracelet, though annoyingly none of them seem to use screwed links. Instead we've got friction-fit pins here, but at least its 316L steel once again. WatchGecko seems to be among the most reasonably priced of the BOR bracelet options, along with multiple clasp options (push-buckle pictured, a divers buckle or a concealed butterfly buckle).

Other vintage-themed options:

4. Forstner Komfit Military Type:
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Font

Although not an option that vintage Connies were ever sold with, the Komfit is an interesting period-appropriate option that exudes art deco vibes. The mesh-style Komfits are most closely associated with the Speedmaster and NASA, but this 'Military style' version with the steel slats design is much dressier and might be suited to the Globemaster. The bracelet is only 16mm in width, despite a 20mm end-link, so I'm not sure how I feel about that on the Globemaster. It works well for the Longines pictured above, but the Omega has a relatively weighty watch head which might feel unbalanced on a thin bracelet.

5. Other??

Which of the above would you choose, or is there any other options I should consider?

·
Premium Member
50,461 Posts
BOR or the Staib mesh would get my vote as well.

The others look too thick and chunky for such a slim cased watch, IMHO.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Honestly, I would either keep it on the perlon or stick with leather. Aftermarket bracelets just never really do much for me; it is easy to find straps that meet or exceed OEM quality, but bracelets are a different story. If I had to choose, I’d probably go with something from Forstner for the sake of period correctness though

·
Registered
151 Posts
In my very humble opinion given the unique shape of the modern Globemaster case, particularly where the bracelet attaches to the case, it’s going to be very tough to find an aftermarket bracelet that won’t look odd. I’d either make peace with the OEM bracelet or stick with straps.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for your replies and insight!

I think all will cheapen your watch without integrated end links
Honestly, I would either keep it on the perlon or stick with leather.
In my very humble opinion given the unique shape of the modern Globemaster case, particularly where the bracelet attaches to the case, it’s going to be very tough to find an aftermarket bracelet that won’t look odd.
You know, I've come to the same conclusion. After looking at everything available on the market, I don't think any would really work with the GM. I've scratched the itch for new shoes with a few nice Di Modell straps instead :giggle:

Rectangle Font Electric blue Metal Fashion accessory
Electric blue Auto part Rectangle Cylinder Fashion accessory

I also have a Globemaster on leather and if you can find endlinks that fit the Globemaster, PLEASE let me know. I'm not into the straight endlink look.
I've written to Strapcode and Uncle Seiko asking if they'd consider making a GM endlink. Strapcode simply said they don't do custom orders, while Uncle Seiko said he'd "consider it". Will report back if the latter eventuates into anything.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
To me, straight end links only works with a mesh bracelet. Anything else looks awkward, particularly on a case like the Globemaster.

Good call on the alternate leather straps.

I came close to buying a Globemaster myself, but the bracelet weirdness was part of what stopped me. I knew I wanted something on metal, and with this one I just wasn't attracted to the stock bracelet... and there's no real aftermarket option for it.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
butterfly clasp is driving me nutz....any word from your uncle on a custom order:) thanks
No response from him, I'm guessing there's not enough demand :(

To me, straight end links only works with a mesh bracelet. Anything else looks awkward, particularly on a case like the Globemaster.

Good call on the alternate leather straps.
A beads of rice can work with straight endlinks as well. But i agree, it's a shortcoming of the watch. I'm wearing mine on a Hirsch Pure rubber strap atm which is a surprisingly good match:

Watch Analog watch Black Clock Rectangle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts