WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post and thanks for having such a nice forum for watch aficionados!

I've been looking for a nice (under $1100 preferably) leather strapped automatic chronograph for a while. I'd love to hear your opinions and see pics of your timepieces as well!

So far I've liked Steinhart's Marine collection (Marine Watch - Steinhart Watches - fine exclusive timepieces) but every model has some small details that I'm not a fan of..

Thank you for your time!

Here's a pic of my current Seiko:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Tag Heuer F1 CAC1112.BT0705, red dial. Google for pics pls

A good discount get it very close to ur budget

Sean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tag Heuer F1 CAC1112.BT0705, red dial. Google for pics pls

A good discount get it very close to ur budget

Sean

Hey Sean, thanks for your quick reply.

I took a look at it, and I've never actually liked Tag Heuer's Formula series (however, the new Formula 1 Cal16. is the first one I like: Luxury Watches - Swiss Watches | TAG HEUER )

But this one, it's not quite of my taste.. The bezel is too thick.

Thanks tho!

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice Seiko.

Automatic Swiss Chronographs are hard to come by under $1k USD as they tend to contain the ETA 7750, which is more expensive. Those Steinharts are a good find actually - even though they're over your budget at more like $1200US. I didn't know they made 2824s with DD modules. For cheaper auto chronos you'd probably have to go with a Chinese movement, in which case see here Chinese Mechanical watches

Also not that it matters so much but you bolded leather strapped; you can get a perfectly good aftermarket strap for £20 so don't rule out ones on bracelets (and bracelets are worth more so if they're the same price consider opting for that over the strap then buy aftermarket anyway).

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
Keep an eye out for Accutron Gemini Chronographs. Although discontinued NOS examples still appear and used ones can be found for reasonabe prices.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
This indeed looks nice, but who would take it seriously with that brand logo ??
Well to each his own, but there is something to be said about being unique. I will admit I'm not a big supporter of the logo, but it wouldn't stop me from buying such an otherwise beautiful watch.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How about Hamilton Pan Europ (just google for pics and price) in silver or black.
They are available for little over 1200 at the moment, but I've seen them close to 1100 at times...

Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
36,256 Posts
Hamilton, also check out Oris, Epos, and maybe Eterna for something different.

CW has nice models in your price range as was mentioned above.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Hamilton Pan Europ has a lot of wrist presence for $1200...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, thank you all for your responses!

So far I've liked Chr.Ward's watches the most, thanks for the suggestion.

The Riccardo was also beautiful, but as mentioned earlier the logo cheapens it a bit.. Shame :(

I will take a closer look on CW and Hamilton!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts